Make Things for National Sewing Month

National Sewing Month Make Things for National Sewing Month

Image – clip art

Since it is National Sewing Month, I’m sure sewing is on the brain. What are your favroite things to make? I love sewing dresses and skirts, if I had to choose. But, really I just love sewing. So let me know what you like to make and you will be put in the running for the book Make:40 Fantastic Projects with 16 Exclusive Desgins by Cath Kidston.

make Make Things for National Sewing MonthAnd, the winner of last week’s contest is ‘robinsontina’! Please email me your mailing address at sewnews@sewnews.com and we’ll get your prize out to you!

This entry was posted in Free Stuff Friday. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Make Things for National Sewing Month

1. Tina R says:

I Love to sew craft items. Pillows, change purses, totes, recover chairs, aprons and anything I can come up with!

2. Sue Winnie says:

I love to quilt, making things for others are so rewarding

3. Emma W says:

I love to applique baby onesies and sew dolls, quilts, fabric greeting cards and clothing for all of the little ones in my life. Nothing better than being handmade with love!

4. Kimberly N says:

I love to make clothes and quilts! I just enjoy any sewing that puts a smile on someone’s face.

5. Peggy A. says:

I love to sew clothes for dolls, bags, and mini quilts.

6. Cherie says:

I love making clothes, especially skirts, quilts and bags!

7. Carole Morse says:

I absolutely love making jackets out of pullover sweatshirts and then embellishing them with machine embroidery. I’ve been selling them at craft fairs and my Artfire store for several years. When I make these jackets I get to do BOTH my loves, sewing and machine embroidery.

8. Suzie says:

My favourite thing to sew this year has been cuddly penguins (I’ve made 5). Would love this book to compliment the Cath Kidston Sew! Book I already have :)

9. Mary Mac says:

I love sewing tote bags for family and friends.

10. laura perea says:

sewing for ffashion dolls

11. Connie S. says:

I love sewing garments, quilts, home dec, bags gifts for friends.

12. Laura Mendoza says:

Love sewing party dresses, but really love to sew almost anything :-) Love teaching sewing to 4-H kids too:-)

13. jeny says:

I like to do something new from time to time. But my all-time favorite project is a baby blanket.

14. Patty says:

I love to sew dresses, bags and quilts!

15. Maria says:

Right now quilting is my favorite but I’ve made bags, toys and clothing as well.

16. Mary Hicks says:

My favorites are small quilting items – mug rugs, placemats, table runners and bags of any sort!

17. Jane C. says:

My likes change with demands. I am always on the lookout for small projects that focus on great pieces of fabric. My current fave is tissue box covers. Great gift as you are almost guaranteed that no one has one!

18. Molly says:

I love sewing all kinds of things. I don’t have girls to sew for, but have always enjoyed sewing for my home. My favorite though is making amazing clothes for myself. Not looking everyone else is the absolute best! Of course then you have to get the shoes, whats not to love about sewing?

19. Kelly Sas says:

An easier question to answer would be what DON’T I like to sew. I love quilting, sewing baby cloths, home decor, child’s play things like costumes and plus hues or toys, adult cloths. And more!

20. Evelyn says:

Quilts, totebags, pillowcases, and mug rugs are my favorite things to make.