Get your wardobe in Shape Shape – Making garments to wear multiple ways

shape shape Get your wardobe in Shape Shape   Making garments to wear multiple waysI love the minimalist designs of Natsuno Hiraiwa. She makes garments that can be worn in multiple ways by using draping, twisting and folding to create different looks from a single garment. At first look it seems a little intimidating, but the patterns in the Shape Shape book are easy to sew for a intermediate/beginner sewist. There are vests, accessories, skirts ans shrugs that all can be worn in a variety of ways.  All the designs are cut from single flat cloth, included in the book are full instructions and patterns. If you would like to be entered to win just answer the following question:

What types of garments do you like to sew? Do you sew for loved ones, do you find time to sew for yourself? Do you like this type of minimalist design?

And, to announce the winner from last week’s contest it is Cherie and Christie! They each won a Hexagons Made Easy book.  Just send your mailing address to sewnews@sewnews.com and we’ll get this out to you!

hexagons made 227x300 Get your wardobe in Shape Shape   Making garments to wear multiple ways

This entry was posted in Free Stuff Friday and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Get your wardobe in Shape Shape – Making garments to wear multiple ways

1. Cheryl Goldman says:

I like to sew things for myself. When there’s time… Love the minimalist patterns because they have such potential for embellishment or personalization. This book looks wonderful!! Thank you for having the contest!

2. cindy z says:

I love this site as much as the magazine! Thanks!

3. Suze says:

I love the idea of this book but I have a hard time picturing how the designs would look on someone who is not stick thin and doesn’t wear heels :-) I see clothing mostly for myself and other things, small projects, for gifts.

4. Theresa says:

I love making clothes for grandchildren. Most of time stuff I have planned to make for myself gets put on back burner to make something for someone else. Just are not enough hours in the day!

5. Carrie C. says:

I love sewing jackets, vintage dresses and evening wear! My teen loves vintage dresses and since she is now going to more formal events, I am having a blast sewing for her and combining vintage with evening wear. She is a swimmer, shot put and discus thrower and has the shoulders to prove it – so I have the constant (welcome) challenge of making sure the shoulders and arm scythes are adjusted to fit her. We both also like the minimalist look. They are so easy to make and wear!

6. Ramona Soberanis says:

I love the style of Natsuno Hiraiwa!Ive seen some of her fashions on Google images and they are simple but soooo beautiful.I would love to have that book so I can learn to make items that I can Mix and Match to wear.I sew a little bit like bags,curtains and pillow cases. I want to start sewing for myself and I would love this book with patterns!I am so ready to sew Natsuno Hiraiwa styles for myself!=)

7. Myrna Goddard says:

I just love to sew but yes I do love her styles. I was taught that you sewed a blouse to go with a skirt. Nowadays folks make a skirt and find 30 different types of tops to go with the one skirt. I love it. I love the scaves that you tie for a scarf that flows down the front then a different tie to flow down the back, then change the tie for a vest, then wear it over the hips. We get so much more out of one item now a days.

8. Jane C. says:

The minimalist look works if you have the angular haircut. I should try it!

9. Mary Mac says:

I do most of my sewing for my grand children. I love to sew doll clothes for my granddaughter.

10. Eileen K says:

Most of my sewing is for others, primarily my grandchildren. I do like the minimalist look and the practical nature of it. Would love to add this Shape Shape book to my sewing library!

11. Judy Mock says:

After sewing for the last 50 years, I prefer to sew easy, minimal designs for myself, daughter and granddaughter. An added plus with these type of patterns is that you can use fabrics that are elaborate to make a bold statement.

12. audrey palacio says:

I love to make clothes for all my family members, costumes for my grandkids & bears for friendswho have lost loved ones.

13. Jane Meier says:

I love to sew but time and health issues often interfer so having a number of quick easy to sew or no sew projects on hand is great motivation.

14. Evelyn says:

I sew for others more than for myself. My son really likes the boxer shorts I sew for him — the wilder the colors and prints, the better.

15. Jill says:

I like to sew dresses. I mostly sew for myself, but I’m sure once I have children I’ll sew for them. I love the idea of a minimalist design and think it’s a great way to play with a wardrobe.

16. Eliza says:

I sew for myself, friends and family. I really love versatility. I like minimalist outline with machine embroidered embellishments.

17. Katherine says:

My favorite sewing pastime is surprising grandchildren, family, or friends with garments or home decor. Currently I am quilting a coverlet for a special love, as well as a apron for a friend who can never find one to cover his taller frame. Those journeys are sometimes long in finding the perfect fabric. In the meantime, I sew for myself. The elegance of the minimalist design invites us into a creative and relaxing world where we comfortably settle-in and relax into our environment.

18. Kathy Hernandez says:

I just started sewing again and “warmed” with doll clothes, now I am sewing princess dresses and capes for my granddaughter. I want to re-design clothes so that I can add my own features.