Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Ginger Jean Sew Along: Week 2 Construction
- Week 2 of the Clover Pant Sew Along – Fitting Issues
- Departure Shift Dress Hack
- Sewing Room Nightmares: What’s Your Space Look Like? + Enter Into A Giveaway!
- Week 1 of the Clover Pant Sew Along – Pattern Prep & Fabric Choices
- Ginger Jeans Sew Along Starts Now! Shopping List & Prep Work
- How To Sew Leggings
- Today’s To-Do: Resurrect Those Sewing Resolutions!
- Oceanside Outfits + Easy Pants Sewing Project = Easy Style
- Technique in Focus: Flat-Fell Seams
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: January 2014
Like to travel? Like to travel with other like minded sewists to amazing far off places? Well, then pack you bags and say “Nin hao” to the American Sewing Guild’s SEW MUCH FUN HONG KONG TOUR! The American Sewing Guild’s … Continue reading
It’s Friday and we all know that means, Free Stuff Friday. Plus, there are a couple of winners that need to be announced. First, for FSF and in celebration of the Amy Butler Sew-Along happening on Monday February 3rd today’s … Continue reading
We’re getting excited to launch our first sew-along and we hope you are too. Here is a schedule of the sew-along and helpful links to get you started. The Belle Handbag Sew-Along Schedule Week of February 3 – Fabric Choice, … Continue reading
Maintaining a sewing machine’s good health is quite easy. Once you learn the basics of cleaning and oiling and practice these habits regularly, the machine will run smoothly and rarely require repairs. Use the following tips to keep your machine … Continue reading
Here at the Sew News office, we are very devoted fans of Project Runway mentor and fashion expert Tim Gunn. In fact, Editor-in-chief Ellen and I have been trading our favorite “Tim-isms” and comparing notes about the previous night’s PR … Continue reading
Hello and thank you all for making a comment on what makes a great bag. Today’s winners were randomly chosen and won the Amy Butler Beautiful Belle Handbag pattern and a yard of Amy Butler fabric that would be perfect … Continue reading
Join the Sew News Flickr group the Belle Handbag Sew-Along and you will be entered to win this amazing craft and sewing gift pack. Featured in this prize pack is: Irsi Schreier’s Reversible Knits Martha Sielman’s Art Quilt Portfolio The … Continue reading