Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 2 Color Blocking
- The Sewing Pattern You Need To Sew
- Melissa Mora – Adding Personal Details To Oceanside Pants
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 1 Prep & Fabric Choices
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Top Tips for Salvaging Purse Hardware
- Good News For People Who Love Sewing!
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Tips For Working With Knits
- Pepernoot Coat Sew Along: Finishing Details
- Would You Sew A 1000 Dresses?
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: May 2014
We are down to the final steps in completing our Sew Liberated Clara Dress. At this point, all that is left to do is finish the hem, sew in the buttonholes and attach the buttons. If you have not added … Continue reading
Summertime is finally upon us! And after having snow on Mother’s Day here in Denver, we’re ready for it! In honor of summer (and vacations!), read on to learn how to make quick and simple lightweight bags in various sizes. … Continue reading
We’ve gotten so much positive feedback on the Sew News June/July cover project “Summer Satchel”. This tote is roomy for all those summer essentials, plus it has pockets that are well placed for phones, sunscreen other must have items. You … Continue reading
This week, our dress really begins to take shape with the addition of the skirt. Before we attach the skirt to the bodice, we’ll sew in the side seam pockets. Side seam pockets are a wonderful addition to almost any … Continue reading
Don’t hear much complaining on a Friday, especially when we’ve got Free Stuff Friday! In the April/May issue of Sew News the Off the Shelf column featured Choly Knight’s Sewing Stylish Handbags & Totes. Knight’s book is packed with ideas … Continue reading
Pincushions are fun to make and easy too. Get this free pincushion project now at Sewitall.com. Find more easy to make projects like: Use small scraps of fabric to make bracelets. Great for a wedding or baby shower activity. Make … Continue reading
Happy Monday everyone! Sew News wants to know, what’s your favorite part of the sewing process? Is it designing, the end product, choosing fabric or something else? For your shot to win, tell us below!