Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Would You Sew With An 80 Year Old Sewing Pattern?
- Quilting Just For Beginners
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
Read From Our Archives
Monthly Archives: June 2014
The Summer Breeze Top is appropriately named as it is such a light and breezy top to wear. To me, there is nothing better than taking a garment off the hanger, looking inside and seeing pretty finished seams. It just … Continue reading
We all have our favorite places to shop online or locally or wherever we can, for beautiful fabrics. Gorgeousfarbrics.com is an online retailer that has totally revamped their website so you can get garment fabrics to your door in order … Continue reading
Now that summer has finally arrived, at least in the northern hemisphere, I’m sure cool and easy to wear garments are what you are longing for. The Summer Breeze Top from Hot Patterns is perfect for just about any summer … Continue reading
Notice how Friday’s are always good days. Hard to have a bad Friday, especially with Free Stuff Friday. In the latest issue of Sew News Jun/July issue Beth Bradley wrote a review on 1-2-3 Quilt by Ellen Luckett Baker. Ellen … Continue reading
Dawn Anderson Schons is a frequent contributor to Sew News and we’re all so lucky for it! She has a MFA in Costume Design and has a passion for fashion history and traditional tailoring technqiues. She runs sewing workshops and … Continue reading
Last week I had the absolute pleasure of attending the first-ever Common Threads event hosted by Baby Lock. Baby Lock invited a group of educators, designers, bloggers, writers and editors from the sewing and quilting community to spend three days … Continue reading
We’re all very excited for the latest Sew It All hitting newsstands June 17, or for a few lucky people it’s already at their favorite fabric shop or grocery newsstand and you’re all ready making the fun projects. This issue … Continue reading