My sewing room looks like…..

What’s your sewing space look like? If anyone answers with the words blitzkrieg, hoarder, crazy fabric lady or “I lost my Chihuahua Frankie in there” then we’ve got a solution for you.

Sew News is happy to help those who may have a fabric stash management problem. No judging here. Honestly, if anyone saw my sewing space right now, there might be a call to the National Guard (and lucky you can get a glimpse below).

At any rate for those that want to manage their stash better so that you can actually see and then ultimately use their fabric, there is a fantastic webinar aptly titled, Stash Management 101: How to Tame, Love, and Use Your Fabric Collection.

stashmanagement1013 My sewing room looks like.....

The Details!

• When: October 7, 2014
  • Where: Online
  • Time: 1-2pm ET
  • Cost: $19.99

What you will learn

Laura Stone Roberts contributing editor at McCalls Quilting will show you how to manage your fabric tiger. Even if you are a veteran procrastinator or have only a small amount of time to devote to managing your stash, Laura will address topics like:

• How to find the time and motivation to tackle your stash.
  •  How to assess your sewing area and your goals for it.
  • Tips for deciding what to keep and what to part with.
  • Ways to re-distribute your unwanted items that will make you feel good.
  • How to assess your storage needs and meet those needs on any budget.
  • And so much more!

Can’t make the live event? Don’t worry! Your registration comes with access to the archived version of the program and the materials for one year.

Okay, so you want to see what some of my fabric stash looks like? Here you go. Oh, you think you can do better? Game on. Post what your fabric stash looks like on our Sew News Reader Flickr Group. And, if you take the webinar post a pic of your sewing room or fabric stash after! I dare ya!

9536159420 ded37a6243 o My sewing room looks like.....

My sewing room looks like.....

This entry was posted in Events and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to My sewing room looks like…..

1. The above two comments and my mind goes straight to Goldilocks! I am just about in the middle of these two. I have two sewing rooms! Actually one of them has all my machines and a lot of my fabric and embroidery designs. The other one has my ironingboard, cutting table, shelves for books and fabric, and a walk in closet full of fabric and stuff! They are both about in the middle of organized and messy. I just keep thinking I have more stuff than places to put the stuff. Sometimes the cutting table and ironing board are also covered with stuff! Oh well, I guess it’s just right for me… :-)

• Jill says:

Fabric is just so easy to buy but it really can take up a lot of space, plus our hobby and passion isn’t exactly compact.

2. Jeanb says:

I recently moved my sewing room to a larger bedroom and it was a HUGE job. I have a LOT of fabrics accumulated over many years. Moving all of it made me realize that I needed to purge some and put some others at the top of my list of projects. It’s all organized well now, and I feel better about being able to tackle the stash more frequently. But I also learned that I don’t need to buy as much fabric as I have in the past, I just need to use what I have.

3. Whiskers says:

Mine’s a disaster. I usually give it a good spruce up the first of the year, but last year I was on the DL and the mess and disaster are two full years in the making (at least, I think it is only two years). My vacuum just shudders to think I might make it go down there. But it is in the basement, so I can hit the power switch on the surge protector and turn out the lights, and most of it is out of view.

• Jill says:

I’m trying desparetly to clean up as a go. Finish a project and then tidy up. Plus, I try not to leave my ironing board out in between projects because then it just becomes a catch-all.

4. Debbe says:

I have a small space 10X10 shared with a huge parrot cage with 2 feathered buddies.Mine has a place for everything in every cranny all in clear bins with lids to keep out dust and feathers out.I have fabric in under bed type bins on a huge bakers shelves and a system of shelves in bottom of closet for different things.Plus my quilting Horn cabinet with thread caddy under it.I have hardwood floors easy to clean ! I have a nice set up and tv on wall what else do you need? Computer in next room with 27″ screen to watch quilt shows on internet! I love sewing !!!!!

• Jill says:

I think when you have a small space it forces you to sew as you go and not accumulate stuff. I kind of miss that, now that I have my own dedicated space.

5. Annette Luth says:

Mine is total chaos. Such a mess I don’t want to be in there.

6. samm says:

I’m so sorry, but I’m disgustingly organized….you’d blow me a raspberry if you saw my stuff…..it’s pretty…..I have a lot and have a large enough space to be organized.. oh well, I can’t help it.
    while in the middle of sewing it gets messy, I just have a place for everything and it gets cleaned up really fast…..I hate the vacuuming because the carpet is light but, it’s a room for all my creative outlets….(many!!) very lucky