We have a great beginning sewing courses happening soon. If you are a new sewer or know someone who is interested in learning sewing this is the online class for you.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Have you always wanted to learn how to sew?
- Are you looking to refresh your skills? Maybe you’ve never learned the proper techniques.
- Are you comfortable with the basics and now ready to sew clothes?
- Is it time to take your sewing to the next level?
Did you answer yes to any of them? Then get your fashion on, and learn to start sewing your own custom-fit wardrobe!
In Garment Sewing 101, you’ll learn the basics of sewing including various stitches and seam finishes, you’ll build a solid sewing foundation, and you’ll complete two simple projects: a drawstring bag and a zippered pouch.
The best part? It doesn’t matter if you’ve never touched a sewing machine before. And if you’ve been sewing for years, we’ll show you how to correct those bad habits and get better-looking finished projects! And, it’s only 29.99 for 8 weeks of instruction.
Once you’ve established the proper foundation, you’ll then learn how to properly prepare fabric for garment sewing, how to work with (and adjust!) a pattern, and you’ll learn how to sew three skirt styles: a pencil skirt, an A-line skirt, and a gathered skirt. On top of that, you’ll have the knowledge and the confidence to be able to sew much, much more.
This is what your learn over a 8 week period.
- Learn sewing machine basics
- Build your confidence on a sewing machine
- Learn a multitude of stitches and seam finishes
- Sew two chic projects from start to finish
- Learn how to work with a pattern
- Learn simple hemming techniques
- Learn how to make clothes from scratch
- Customize your wardrobe
- Sew clothes that fit
And, guess who your sewing teacher is?
A little about myself.
I am the online editor for Sew News, Sew Daily and Creative Machine Embroidery magazines. In 2010 I founded the Denver Sewing Collective a local initiative that is focused on reestablishing offline sewing networks. A vibrant community based organization the Denver Sewing Collective brings together sewists of all levels to share their passion with others and to create real-world friendships and mentoring. Professionally, I write for three F+W Media sewing blogs and because there is never enough to say about sewing I manage the group blog Denver Sews on my personal time. I’m also the Vice President of the American Sewing Guild Denver Chapter and in my off time I will be sewing or playing my mandolin.
Please join me and learn what I think is the greatest past time ever! Sewing!