For the month of December every Friday, with the exception of December 25 we’ll be hosting a Friday Freebie.
Every week I’ll be having a book gift pack centered on a theme. All you need to do to enter is answer the question in the comments section of the blog and that’s it. On the following Tuesday a winner will be picked randomly and contacted.
Friday December 4th - Budding clothes designer. 5 books in this pack all center around a young girl or boy who is itching to learn how to sew, or maybe already knows how to sew and needs a little inspiration.
- Girl’s Guide to DIY Fashion: Design & Sew 5 Complete Outfits by Rachel Low
- Girls Get Stitching: by Shirley Mclauchlan
- Sew Fab: Sewing and Style for Young Fashionistas: Lesley Ware
- The Fashion Design Workbook by Annabel Benilan
- Custom Couture: 32 Ways to transform your wardrobe with needle and thread by Helene Le Berre
December 11: Turn someone on to sewing! These books are perfect for the beginner.
- Sewing Machine Secrets: Insider’s Guide to Matering YOur Machine by Nicole Vasbinder
- The Magic Pattern: Sew 6 Patterns into 36 Different Styles: by Amy Barickman
- Stitch by Stitch: Learning To Sew One Project at a Time by Deborah Moebes
- *Plus one how to book just for beginners.
December 18: The art of hand embroidery. These books are all about hand embroidery for beginner to advanced.
- Colorful Stitchery: 65 Projects to Personalize Your Home by Kristin Nicholas
- How To Embroider by Susie Johns
- For the Love of Hand Stitching with Jan Constantine
- The Embroidered Garden by Kazuko Aoki
- The Hand Embroidered Haven by Megan Frock
December 28: Since Christmas falls on a Friday and I know I won’t be here, we’ll do this on the following Monday. These is a bit of hodge podge.
- Lotta Jansdotter Everyday Style: Key pieces to sew + Accessories, Styling and Inspiration
- Embroidery Workshop by Rebecca Ringquist: A Bend The Rules Primer
- Stamp Stencil Paint: Making Extraordinary Patterned Projects by Hand by Anna Joyce
For today, answer me this: Do you have an young one who is interested in fashion, design or learning how to sew? What do they love to sew, why do they like to sew? Fill me in! You know how I love details!