Next Webinar is all about embracing your awesome curves! Rae Cumbie will be presenting a webinar on July 19: Embracing Curves Fit & Flatter A Fuller Figure. Let’s breakdown what exactly a webinar is and what you’ll get out of it.
Do you have issues fitting patterns to your body shape? Or selecting patterns that flatter your figure? Summertime is a great time to add flirty skirts, dresses and basics to your handmade wardrobe, all while embracing your curves.
Join designer and long-time Sew News contributor Rae Cumbie in this live webinar and learn to find figure-flattering patterns you’ll love to wear. You’ll learn how to select patterns that are best for your body type, a variety of useful fitting techniques for fuller figures and helpful tips for dressing your curves well.
Each web seminar is a live event that lasts about an hour and includes a Q&A session toward the end where you can submit questions that the instructor will answer.
If you can’t attend the live event, don’t worry. A recording from the live session will be uploaded to the web seminar area within a week after the live event and the recording will remain available online for 30 days after the live event. You can watch the recording anytime during those 30 days, or download to keep.
Prior to the published live web seminar date:
- You’ll need to complete your registration on GoToWebinar – this is where the actual, live event will take place. Once you register, you’ll receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to complete your registration on GoToWebinar.
After the live web seminar date:
- Log back into Craft U anytime after the live event is over to: watch and download a recorded version of the live event* and interact with fellow students in the discussion forum area.
What You’ll Learn:
- General overview of full-figure fitting techniques
- Professional guidance on picking patterns to flatter your shape
- Expert sewing and fitting instruction
- Fit considerations based on common body issues
Who Should Attend:
- Sewists looking to embrace their curves
- Beginning to intermediate sewists with some garment-sewing experience
- Sewists of all skill levels interested in learning more about fitting and fitting techniques
Pattern designer, fitting expert and experienced instructor, Rae Cumbie is the Creative Director at Fit for Art Patterns, which offers patterns for modern wardrobe basics focusing on fit and artful design options. A past president of The Association of Sewing and Design Professionals, Rae has been creating clothing for women and children in her home-based studio for over 20 years. Her custom gowns for weddings and special occasions have earned her a place as one of Baltimore’s most sought-after dressmakers, and the title of Baltimore’s Best Tailor by Baltimore Magazine in 2005. She coaches sewists of all skill levels in classes and on her blog.
We hope you’ll join us for this next webinar from Sew News!