The October/November issue of Sew News is always one of my favorites. I’m not sure if it’s because, by mid-September, I’m ready to hunker down for the cooler months…and sew more, of course! Or if I just like fall fabrics – all the rich textures and colors. Either way, this issue does not disappoint! Here are some of my favorites from the issue!
- Go behind the life, times and signature look of John Denver via his sewists, Anna Zapp.
- Learn everything you need to know about sweater knits + get an awesome modern cardigan pattern to test out your new skills, free for a limited time!
- Try a leggings mash-up with mesh and faux leather.
- Join us for two great sew alongs – the Kaylee Tunic by Serendipity Studio and the Nora Doctor Bag by Swoon Sewing Patterns, two amazing fall basics!
- Master your shirt plackets with this issue’s masterclass – because I’m planning all the button-up shirts this fall!
- Learn how sewing can be beneficial to your mental health.
PLUS…..PANTS! In the issue, the Sew News editorial team reviews 5 popular pants patterns. Then join us in October for Pants Month for more reviews, pants-fitting topics, tips for picking the perfect pants for your body and more.
Enjoy the issue! And happy sewing!