We have a great beginning sewing courses happening right now. If you’re a new sewer or know someone who is interested in learning to sew this is the online class for you. Ask yourself these questions:
- Have you always wanted to learn how to sew?
- Are you looking to refresh your skills? Maybe you’ve never learned the proper techniques.
- Is it time to take your sewing to the next level?
Did you answer yes to any of them? Then get your fashion on, and learn to start sewing your own custom-fit wardrobe!
In Introduction to Sewing, you’ll learn the basics of sewing including various stitches and seam finishes, you’ll build a solid sewing foundation, and you’ll complete two simple projects: a drawstring bag and a zippered pouch. Plus, you’ll learn how to sew 3 different types of skirts: gathered, pencil and A-line. You’ll also learn stitches and seam finishes, pattern basics and what and how to use interfacing, darts and more.
The best part? It doesn’t matter if you’ve never touched a sewing machine before. And if you’ve been sewing for years, we’ll show you how to correct those bad habits and get better-looking finished projects!
Once you’ve established the proper foundation, you’ll then learn how to properly prepare fabric for garment sewing, how to work with a pattern, and much more.
Who should sign-up?
- Beginners who have never touched a sewing machine before
- Experienced sewers who were never taught the proper way of sewing
- Self-taught sewers looking to improve their garments and create clothes that look professionally sewn
- Anyone interested in refreshing their skills
- Anyone who wants to learn proper sewing techniques
- Anyone comfortable with sewing basics who wants to now sew clothes
- Learn how to make clothes from scratch
- Anyone looking to take their sewing to the next level