Get your fall sewjo working with the August/September issue of Sew News! This issue is all kinds of awesome – here are a few of my favorite things from this packed issue!
My favorite thing in this issue – maybe one of my favorite things we’ve ever done!?! – is our Career Capsule feature. We’ve picked 10 patterns and accessories that create the perfect mix-and-match wardrobe. We share the makes and show you how to pair them for 9 totally different looks – but the options are endless! If you’re heading back to work for the first time in a while, changing work environments or looking to upgrade your daily wear, this article is for you. I hope you love it!
If you love a good upcycle, you’re going to love the pieced and upcycled denim blazer. Made with basic log cabin-style piecing, this jacket is a stunner! Plus, it repurposes old jeans.
Allie Olson of IndieSew.com joins us for our Clothes Minded Column with all kinds of tips for planning your fall wardrobe. And watch this space later this month – we’ll have her fall must-makes!
Want to tackle bra sewing? Get started with an in-depth look at bra-making materials and notions with Sophie Hines.
Plus all these goodies:
- Take your makes to the next level with cool fabric dyeing and painting techniques.
- Get amped for cool weather jackets with a great tutorial on welt pockets plus all things coat linings.
- Hack a favorite cardigan pattern for sleeves with volume.
- Learn some basic fiber ID – burn tests!
- Make a cool wrap blouse hack with Kimberly Payne of Straight Stitch Designs.
- Sew a Tea House Dress with Sew House 7 and us!
list to Ty