In my social sewing circles on Instagram and Facebook, I see people asking all the time for recommendations for workwear-appropriate patterns. And that’s where our story began! It’s one thing to sew loungewear, tees and jeans (which are totally my favorites!) but sewing pieces that will work for the office environment is a somewhat different endeavor. There are colors and fabric types to consider – and, of course, patterns.
Whether you’re looking to revamp your office attire or heading back to work for the first time in a while, we hope our Career Capsule serves as a good starting place. The featured 10 garments are easily combined to make more than 40 combinations, so no one will think you’re wearing the same thing twice. Find the full story in the Aug/Sept issue of Sew News. A special thank you to the pattern designers and fabric companies who supplied materials for this story.
- Haute Couture Skinny Pants, Wardrobe by Me
- Axel Skirt, Megan Nielsen Patterns
- Ginger Skinny Jeans, Closet Case Patterns
- Kalle Shirt, Closet Case Patterns
- Toaster Sweater, Sew House 7
- Roscoe Blouse, True Bias
- BurdaStyle Cowl Tank #101A 06/2013
- BurdaStyle Biker Jacket #108B 12/2015
- Esme Maxi Cardigan, Named Clothing
- BurdaStyle Dress #124A 08/2016
In the issue, we share 9 different looks, but here are my top three that I’d be most likely to wear – this collection of garments is just so versatile.
Featuring: Kalle Shirt (with sleeve expansion) & Axel Skirt
Featuring: Ginger Jeans, BurdaStyle Cowl Tank & Esme Maxi Cardigan
What were your favorite pairings?