Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Embrace Your Curves! Learn How To Fit & Flatter Your Figure!
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along: Week 4 Final Details
- Learn to Sew & Draft Your Own 10 Piece Lingerie Collection
- Best Excuse For More Fabric? Dresses! Check Out Cool Dresses For A Hot Summer.
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 3: Construction
- Common Threads 2016
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 2: Sewing With Spandex Fabrics
- 7 Easy Summer Pieces To Add To Your Wardrobe
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 3 Preview
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 1: Fabric Choice & Pattern Elements
Read From Our Archives
Search Results for: Spun
In May, the Sew News team took turns blogging about the epic, must-see exibit Spun: Adventures in Textiles at the Denver Art Museum. Spun has been going strong all summer, and last week, the museum celebrated the installation of a … Continue reading
The past two weeks the Sew News team has been sharing our impressions of the fantastic exhibit Spun: Adventures in Textiles at the Denver Art Museum. One of the exhibits that I found most inspiring as a garment sewist was … Continue reading
There were so many amazing things to see at SPUN: Adventures in Textiles, at the Denver Art Museum, but the one thing that caught my eye in the first gallery I entered was this beautiful, brightly colored quilt. From far … Continue reading
Sue, our fabulous art director highly enjoyed the new exhibition at the Denver Art Museum. Here’s a write up of her favorite piece from the show. There is something for everyone at DAM’s SPUN exhibition. It delivers on all levels. … Continue reading
I enjoy reading what others here at Sew News thought on the exhibit SPUN Adventures in Textiles at the Denver Art Museum. However, due to my severe Sewing ADHD I was having a hard time picking something to focus on … Continue reading
Our graphic designer Erin gives her spin on Spun: It’s heartening to walk through an exhibit like Denver Art Museum’s Spun: Adventures in Textiles. As a designer, I’ve long identified with the human desire for adornment – an inclination to … Continue reading