Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sew News 2018 – New Year, New Columns!
- January is Hot Tea Month! Celebrate In Style
- Project Runway All Stars Recap: Season 6, Episode 3
- Need A Warm Hat This Weekend?
- High-End Hack: Pearl Hem Pant Tutorial
- Project Runway All Stars Season 6, E 2 Recap
- Wardrobe Planning with Riva la Diva: 4 Steps to Developing Your Style
- 2018 Sewing Goals – Assistant Editor, Jessica Ziebarth
- And the Winner of the Stylish Wraps Giveaway Is…
- Project Runway All Stars Season 6: Episode 1 Recap
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: Ashley
We’re continuing out countdown to Halloween today with more free patterns! Halloween isn’t always just about the decorations and candy you hand out to cute little trick-or-treaters; there are tons of parties and family gatherings, and that means food! So … Continue reading
Yesterday’s posts of Halloween decoration ideas have put me in a Halloween mood! So, I’m starting a countdown to Halloween! The actual holiday may still seem like a long way off, but it’s never too early to start planning your … Continue reading
Yes, it’s only the end of September, but Halloween is just around the corner. And if your’re like some of us, as soon as the first of October comes around decorations are up! To help you get a jump on … Continue reading
Moiré is a fabric that has a wavy or watery appearance. Originally this watery effect was created during the weaving process, however, today it is done using a process called calendering. Calendering is essentially ironing. A piece of fabric is … Continue reading
This week is National Flower Week. I realize the week is almost over, but there’s still time to celebrate! National Flower Week is observed in the United States every year during the third week of September. During this week people … Continue reading
Rather than posting about fabric today, I thought I would change it up and tak about something pre-made. T-Shirts! A T-shirt is something nearly everyone has. Whether it’s a nice long-sleeve shirt, a casual short-sleeve shirt or a sleeveless rag that’s … Continue reading
Before we get into how to sew with these fabrics, let’s answer the question: What’s the difference between water resistant and water proof? Water resistant fabrics are either tightly woven and naturally resist water, or are coated with a finish … Continue reading