Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Name Your #1 Favorite Sewing Tool
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 3 Pockets!
- What We Love To Sew – From The Editors of Sew News!
- What Do You Need To Be Creative? Time, Space (A Free Design)? Read On!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery – Episode 9 Preview
- Weekender Sew Along Week 2: Piping and Cording Tutorial
- National Sewing Month: What Sewing Means to Kate
- New Webinar with Connie Crawford! Learn To Grade Sewing Patterns
- Inspiration Inside! Sew What You Love
- Canvas & Vinyl Tote Bag – a fall must-sew!
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: Beth
We recently had the pleasure of chatting with Ellen Osten, one of the fantastic instructors featured in the Sulky Certified Teacher Training Course Magical Thread Art and More. (Registration is open until Sept. 30!) This week, fellow Sulky instructor and accomplished artist Carol Ingram … Continue reading
The lovely Ellen Osten is one of the fantastic instructors featured in the Sulky Certified Teacher Training Course Magical Thread Art and More. The course offers a great opportunity to stretch your sewing skills, learn how to do and teach the … Continue reading
The American Sewing Guild Conference is an event that I really look forward to all year. If you’re not familiar with the American Sewing Guild, it’s a sewing membership organization with chapters all across the country. ASG welcomes sewing enthusiasts … Continue reading
Last week I had the absolute pleasure of attending the first-ever Common Threads event hosted by Baby Lock. Baby Lock invited a group of educators, designers, bloggers, writers and editors from the sewing and quilting community to spend three days … Continue reading
As we mentioned on the blog last week, April is National Serger Month! I received my first serger as a gift when I was studying fashion design in college, and I fell in love right away. Not only does a … Continue reading
Tomorrow, our editorial assistant Jessie is hitting the road and heading to Original Sewing & Quilt Expo in Atlanta at the Gwinnett Center! Jessie will be in Make-It Center Thursday through Saturday. Here’s Jessie in Fort Worth, TX last year … Continue reading
With Day 9, we’re getting close to the end of our 13 days of giveaways, but you still have a few chances to win! The lucky winner of yesterday’s giveaway of a fun apron kit designed by guest Sharon Madsen … Continue reading