Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Need A Warm Hat This Weekend?
- High-End Hack: Pearl Hem Pant Tutorial
- Project Runway All Stars Season 6, E 2 Recap
- Wardrobe Planning with Riva la Diva: 4 Steps to Developing Your Style
- 2018 Sewing Goals – Assistant Editor, Jessica Ziebarth
- And the Winner of the Stylish Wraps Giveaway Is…
- Project Runway All Stars Season 6: Episode 1 Recap
- Sewing Inspiration – Cruise Wear For Dress and Casual
- Giveaway: Stylish Wraps by Yoshiko Tsukiori
- Sewing Workout Wear – New Year, New You!
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: Amanda Carestio
The Luxe Layer pattern from Oct/Nov Sew News has got us all in the mood for cardigans! From structured sweater knit cardis to lightweight cardigans for layering, cardigans are the perfect transition piece. They’re great in cooler weather, obviously, but … Continue reading
If you love the Office Posh jacket hack in the Oct/Nov issue of Sew News, you are not alone! Created by long-time Sew News contributor Ana Jankovic, this jacket is an absolute stunner! The base pattern calls for an open jacket … Continue reading
Halloween is my mental block, friends! As soon as it’s over though (and all the handmade costumes are put away until next year), I start my yearly holiday panic. What to make, what to purchase, all those teachers!?!? I’m always … Continue reading
Thanks so much for joining us for Pants Month. Sewing pants can seem intimidating, but also, really rewarding. We hope that you enjoyed reading about new pants patterns, considered (and maybe reconsidered!) what styles work best for you, got inspired … Continue reading
Join in for Pants Month where we talk all things pants. We have reviews, tips and free patterns. Tell us if you’ve made pants, or have tried these pants patterns, we’d love to hear from you. Pattern: Luna Pants, Made … Continue reading
This week we’re continuing our discussion regarding adding couture details to bags and piping is one of my favorite ways to create a polished finish. In week 1, we discussed interfacing, and for week 2, we covered double welt pockets. This … Continue reading
Pattern: Ninni Culottes, Named Fabric: Tencel twill Size: 14 Any Adjustments: After making a muslin, I shortened the crotch on the pant front and back and sized down 2-3 sizes. For the pair featured here, I extended the culottes to … Continue reading