Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, week 2: Bust Dart Adjustments
- Patterns Printed on Custom Fabric
- Project Runway Recap, Season 16: Finale, Part 2
- Easy Sewing Project + Great Gift For Kids
- Gift Tags For Those That Sew – Free Printables!
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, Week 1: Fabric Options
- Nancy Zieman Loses Battle with Cancer
- Holiday sewing inspiration with Sew News December/January issue!
- Project Runway Recap: Episode 13 Finale, Part 1
- Top Cardigan Pattern – Sew News Staff Picks
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: Amanda Carestio
Have you grabbed your copy of Sew it All Volume 11 yet? I mentioned that a few projects have jumped to the top of my to-sew list. The Walking on Sunset Dress Pattern by Charise Randell did just that! We … Continue reading
Have you picked your favorites from Sew It All, Volume 11? I have a few that I’ll definitely be making for fall, including this Vintage Vibe Skirt by Jenny Gordy of Wiksten (<<she is so great!). It’s such a great … Continue reading
Welcome to week 3 of the Linden Sew Along. If you’ve already cut your fabric and sewn the sleeve edges and the side seams, you are just a few simple steps from the finish line, friends! Today we’re discussing bands: neckbands, sleeve bands … Continue reading
It’s time to finally let the cat out of the (cute handmade) bag: Sew it All Volume 11 has landed! Hardworking wardrobe basics, plus all kinds of bags, accessories, simple gifts, home decor and more to fill out your fall … Continue reading
If you’re at all familiar with the online sewing community, you’re probably also familiar with the many independent pattern designers who inhabit that space. Independent designers offer a mix of PDF only and/or print patterns and proliferate Facebook and Instagram. … Continue reading
Okay, friends – let the sweatshirt fun commence! Last week we covered knit fabrics & tools, this week we’re talking cutting and construction, starting with the sweatshirt body. First things, first! If you’re new to raglan patterns, the body and … Continue reading