Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Wardrobe Planning Tips from Rachel Pinheiro
- Cap Sleeve Plus Size Blouse Sew Along, Part 2: Side Slit, Tie Band, and Hem
- Common Threads 2018 Recap
- Summer Fabric Series: Tips for Sewing with Sheers
- Shorts Sewing Pattern Roundup: Our Top Picks
- Tony Award Fashions
- Cap Sleeve Plus Size Blouse Sew Along, Part 1: Pattern Prep, Fabric, and Front Band Assembly
- Summer Fabrics Series: How to Sew Gauze Fabric
- Favorite Woven T-shirt Sewing Patterns: Roundup Time!
- June Sew Along Preview: BurdaStyle Cap-Sleeve Wrap Blouse #124
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: emarch
Keep your kids busy during winter break with some fun easy sewing projects. The projects listed below are recommended for kids ages 8-12, and adult supervision is recommended! If your child is new to sewing, make sure to introduce him … Continue reading
Oh the joys of traveling during the holidays. It’s always more stressful than usual, with many more people fitting into trams, busses, rental car shuttles, carrying much more stuff.
We hope you’re on your way to having a handmade holiday! We thought these mini embroidery hoops made the cutest place cards, so we’ll be adding them as a little personal touch to our holiday tables. The package comes with … Continue reading
Sew a pair of pajama pants for each member of your family this holiday season! Holiday-themed jammies make cute photo ops for cards, but you can also use other fabric prints, including licensed fleece or flannels that have favorite sports … Continue reading
It’s difficult to tell what’s going to inspire kids to want to start sewing. Is it a fancy machine with lots of functions, built-in stitches and a computer screen? Is it a project idea he/she wants to make? Is it … Continue reading
Mermaid sequin fabric is THE coolest fabric around. It turns color by flipping the sequins up or down, it’s easy to sew (no need to trim away sequins along a seam line), and it’s great for garments and home decor. … Continue reading