Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Would You Sew With An 80 Year Old Sewing Pattern?
- Quilting Just For Beginners
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: Jill
I love vintage sewing patterns. I’m a sucker for their details, simplicity and sophistication. My current affection is for sweet styling of a button up blouse. What I’ve really come to love lately is the kimono and raglan sleeve, as … Continue reading
I have to admit that I only picked up quilting just a short time ago. And, have yet to finish a quilt from start to finish. Even though I have been sewing for a long time, quilting is very new … Continue reading
Well, this is the last post on the Magic Bias Dress. Rhonda will be showing off her wonderful details to make your dress one-of-a-kind. Hope you enjoyed the sew along! The magic is in the details! I think that most … Continue reading
Making Stuff In May Over the weekend I worked on a simple camisole. I’d like to say that I totally intended this for Me Made May, but like every year MMM completely surprises me. I originally intended the gold fabric … Continue reading
Not much longer and you should have a wonderful dress for spring and summer wearing. Rhonda will talk about color blocking. This dress looks marvelous using color blocking. With all the color blocking possibilities and fabric choices, the Magic Bias … Continue reading
Hello everyone. We are excited about the latest launch of a new machine embroidery series. This series teaches and inspires both new and experienced machine embroiderers to get the most out of their machine investment and create beautiful embroidered projects. … Continue reading
As a loyal Sew News fan we’d love to know more about your thoughts and experiences with sewing in the Sewing in America Survey. This survey explores important 2016 topics including social media, trends in project types and fabrics, and … Continue reading