Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Name Your #1 Favorite Sewing Tool
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 3 Pockets!
- What We Love To Sew – From The Editors of Sew News!
- What Do You Need To Be Creative? Time, Space (A Free Design)? Read On!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery – Episode 9 Preview
- Weekender Sew Along Week 2: Piping and Cording Tutorial
- National Sewing Month: What Sewing Means to Kate
- New Webinar with Connie Crawford! Learn To Grade Sewing Patterns
- Inspiration Inside! Sew What You Love
- Canvas & Vinyl Tote Bag – a fall must-sew!
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: Jill
Name Your #1 Favorite Sewing Tool Do you have a sewing tool or notion that you can’t live without? You know the kind that if you were on a deserted island you wouldn’t want to be without it? There is … Continue reading
This post is all about pockets for the Weekender bag. There are a lot of pockets on/in this bag. Plus, there are a few specific instructions for sewing them. Read on for the next step in the sew along. We’re … Continue reading
Amanda – Senior Editor These days, I love a TNT (tried and true). I prefer basics that I’ll actually wear on a daily basis rather than special occasion pieces. I usually don’t buy a pattern unless I think I’ll make … Continue reading
The one thing art requires, Jenny Hart says, is un-constructed time—freedom to create with abandon, sans restrictions or interruptions. Finding said time used to be a challenge when the Sublime Stitching founder lived at her Los Angeles warehouse, but it’s … Continue reading
Have you gotten a chance to view the previews of our new machine embroidery series? This 26 episode series teaches and inspires both new and experienced machine embroiderers to get the most out of their machine investment and create beautiful … Continue reading
Hello everyone, we are back at it with the Weekender Bag Sew Along. The pattern is from Swoon patterns and really is a versatile bag pattern. This post is all about making your own piping, cording for the bag. You … Continue reading
Hello everyone, I wanted to talk about a new webinar coming out on September 20. We are so lucky to have Connie Crawford run this webinar, showing how to grade patterns. If you have an out of print sewing pattern, … Continue reading