Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preivew
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 2 Color Blocking
- The Sewing Pattern You Need To Sew
- Melissa Mora – Adding Personal Details To Oceanside Pants
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 1 Prep & Fabric Choices
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Top Tips for Salvaging Purse Hardware
- Good News For People Who Love Sewing!
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: Jill
We’re excited to bring you Melissa Mora from Blank Slate Patterns every Friday through out April. She’ll be giving you great tips and tricks on sewing with knits, handbags and garments. You can check out the fun patterns and projects … Continue reading
You may have heard the good news that Sew News is joining with Janet Pray of Islander Sewing Systems to bring a wonderful new program to a larger audience. I wanted to spend a some time in this newsletter talking … Continue reading
Hey y’all, Melissa of Blank Slate Patterns here to talk with you about choosing and sewing knit fabrics. The Pocketful of Posies dress is a knit dress, which makes it comfortable and draped, but if you don’t choose the right … Continue reading
Thanks everyone for joining the Pepernoot Coat Sew Along. As photos come in of your final work I’ll create a slide show so that everyone can see all your hard work. Rhonda did an amazing job with her second coat … Continue reading
Remember the story of the woman who sewed a thousand dresses for little girls in need? Well, now the filmmaker Vicki Vasilopoulos, who brought the stories of Italian tailors to the world in Men of the Cloth, is making a … Continue reading
It is well known around here that I had a beautiful serger but I stupidly forgot to oil it. Living in a dry climate and the fact that I used the heck out of it, well, I’m sure you can … Continue reading