Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Would You Sew With An 80 Year Old Sewing Pattern?
- Quilting Just For Beginners
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: Jill
Jill here. If you have ever been afraid of sewing a bias cut garment, fear no more. With Rhonda Buss taking you through step-by-step it’s almost guaranteed that you will have a beautiful wearable garment. Plus, with the Fashion In … Continue reading
I’ve been sewing a lot lately, but I don’t have many UFO’s (unfinished objects) lying around. I do have many projects in the works, however! Currently, I have five projects going. I finished this new maxi dress, but have a … Continue reading
Hey y’all, Melissa from Blank Slate Patterns here with you today to talk about adding personal details to your sewn garments. One of the advantages of sewing clothing is that you can make them unique, not carbon copies of every … Continue reading
Happy to start the Bias Dress Sew Along with Rhonda Buss leading the way to an amazing dress. The Magic Bias Dress is really fun to sew. If you are at all hesitant about sewing a bias garment, this dress … Continue reading
We’re excited to bring you Melissa Mora from Blank Slate Patterns every Friday through out April. She’ll be giving you great tips and tricks on sewing with knits, handbags and garments. You can check out the fun patterns and projects … Continue reading
You may have heard the good news that Sew News is joining with Janet Pray of Islander Sewing Systems to bring a wonderful new program to a larger audience. I wanted to spend a some time in this newsletter talking … Continue reading
Hey y’all, Melissa of Blank Slate Patterns here to talk with you about choosing and sewing knit fabrics. The Pocketful of Posies dress is a knit dress, which makes it comfortable and draped, but if you don’t choose the right … Continue reading