Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Name Your #1 Favorite Sewing Tool
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 3 Pockets!
- What We Love To Sew – From The Editors of Sew News!
- What Do You Need To Be Creative? Time, Space (A Free Design)? Read On!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery – Episode 9 Preview
- Weekender Sew Along Week 2: Piping and Cording Tutorial
- National Sewing Month: What Sewing Means to Kate
- New Webinar with Connie Crawford! Learn To Grade Sewing Patterns
- Inspiration Inside! Sew What You Love
- Canvas & Vinyl Tote Bag – a fall must-sew!
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: Jill
Sew News Issue Review Have you picked up the latest Sew News? We’ve got it stuffed with all kinds of great advice, tutorials and free e-patterns.
It’s here! The Weekender Sew Along starts now (just in time for the weekend). Our bag sew alongs have always been popular, not fitting! So far we’ve done the Grainline Studio Portside Travel Set And, the Cosmo Bag from Studio … Continue reading
Most folks around here think every month is sewing month. But, it is nice to have an entire month with the spotlight on sewing. In celebration of NSM, all month long the editors of Sew News, Creative Machine Embroidery and … Continue reading
I get a lot of questions on what certification means when taking a online or face-to-face class. It’s a good question and I think it deserves a bit of space, because some of these classes can be expensive, so you’ll … Continue reading
Have you ever wanted to copy a RTW garment and make a pattern out of it? I see clothes all the time at the mall or online shopping and think how easily I could make it myself. Actually, it’s a … Continue reading
Do you want o start an Etsy shop, or maybe become a pattern maker/designer. Perhaps you’ve always wanted to quit the 9-5 routine and strike out on your own in a creative pursuit. If so you’ll need to learn how … Continue reading