Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Week 2 of the Clover Pant Sew Along – Fitting Issues
- Departure Shift Dress Hack
- Sewing Room Nightmares: What’s Your Space Look Like? + Enter Into A Giveaway!
- Week 1 of the Clover Pant Sew Along – Pattern Prep & Fabric Choices
- Ginger Jeans Sew Along Starts Now! Shopping List & Prep Work
- How To Sew Leggings
- Today’s To-Do: Resurrect Those Sewing Resolutions!
- Oceanside Outfits + Easy Pants Sewing Project = Easy Style
- Technique in Focus: Flat-Fell Seams
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Up
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: Jill
It’s here! The Weekender Sew Along starts now (just in time for the weekend). Our bag sew alongs have always been popular, not fitting! So far we’ve done the Grainline Studio Portside Travel Set And, the Cosmo Bag from Studio … Continue reading
Most folks around here think every month is sewing month. But, it is nice to have an entire month with the spotlight on sewing. In celebration of NSM, all month long the editors of Sew News, Creative Machine Embroidery and … Continue reading
I get a lot of questions on what certification means when taking a online or face-to-face class. It’s a good question and I think it deserves a bit of space, because some of these classes can be expensive, so you’ll … Continue reading
Have you ever wanted to copy a RTW garment and make a pattern out of it? I see clothes all the time at the mall or online shopping and think how easily I could make it myself. Actually, it’s a … Continue reading
Do you want o start an Etsy shop, or maybe become a pattern maker/designer. Perhaps you’ve always wanted to quit the 9-5 routine and strike out on your own in a creative pursuit. If so you’ll need to learn how … Continue reading
We all have those tricky fabrics that we avoid like the plague. For me it was silk and silky fabrics of any kind even Rayon. I loved to handle them and look at them in the store, but forget about … Continue reading
Hello everyone. We are excited about the latest launch of a new machine embroidery series. This 26 episode series teaches and inspires both new and experienced machine embroiderers to get the most out of their machine investment and create beautiful … Continue reading