Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Embrace Your Curves! Learn How To Fit & Flatter Your Figure!
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along: Week 4 Final Details
- Learn to Sew & Draft Your Own 10 Piece Lingerie Collection
- Best Excuse For More Fabric? Dresses! Check Out Cool Dresses For A Hot Summer.
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 3: Construction
- Common Threads 2016
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 2: Sewing With Spandex Fabrics
- 7 Easy Summer Pieces To Add To Your Wardrobe
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 3 Preview
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 1: Fabric Choice & Pattern Elements
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: Jill
Making Stuff In May Over the weekend I worked on a simple camisole. I’d like to say that I totally intended this for Me Made May, but like every year MMM completely surprises me. I originally intended the gold fabric … Continue reading
Not much longer and you should have a wonderful dress for spring and summer wearing. Rhonda will talk about color blocking. This dress looks marvelous using color blocking. With all the color blocking possibilities and fabric choices, the Magic Bias … Continue reading
Hello everyone. We are excited about the latest launch of a new machine embroidery series. This series teaches and inspires both new and experienced machine embroiderers to get the most out of their machine investment and create beautiful embroidered projects. … Continue reading
As a loyal Sew News fan we’d love to know more about your thoughts and experiences with sewing in the Sewing in America Survey. This survey explores important 2016 topics including social media, trends in project types and fabrics, and … Continue reading
Jill here. If you have ever been afraid of sewing a bias cut garment, fear no more. With Rhonda Buss taking you through step-by-step it’s almost guaranteed that you will have a beautiful wearable garment. Plus, with the Fashion In … Continue reading
I’ve been sewing a lot lately, but I don’t have many UFO’s (unfinished objects) lying around. I do have many projects in the works, however! Currently, I have five projects going. I finished this new maxi dress, but have a … Continue reading
Hey y’all, Melissa from Blank Slate Patterns here with you today to talk about adding personal details to your sewn garments. One of the advantages of sewing clothing is that you can make them unique, not carbon copies of every … Continue reading