Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Would You Sew With An 80 Year Old Sewing Pattern?
- Quilting Just For Beginners
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: Jessica
Can you believe we’re on day 9 of the giveaways? Christmas is right around the corner! Yesterday we gave away 2 super fun design packs from Loralie Designs. Each winner will receive one pack, either the Bee Happy design collection … Continue reading
Happy Thursday everyone! Today marks the 5th day of the Sew News 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways. There have been several fabulous prizes and a variety of winners. Today’s prize promises to not disappoint, but first let’s reveal the lucky … Continue reading
Winter weather is here to stay. At the Sew News offices today we’ve had the first major snow of the season. As the colder temperatures settle in, we’re preparing for winter with wool sewing projects. In the latest issue, Sew … Continue reading
The “Last Laugh” column on the last page of each Sew News issue is always a reader favorite. I am the lucky editor that gets to sort through all the sewing bloopers and find the best ones for the magazine. … Continue reading
Happy Monday everyone! Did you spend your weekend sewing? I did! Though I spent some of my sewing time teaching a few young ladies the basics of hand sewing. It was a learning experience for all of us. They learned … Continue reading
Sue, our fabulous art director highly enjoyed the new exhibition at the Denver Art Museum. Here’s a write up of her favorite piece from the show. There is something for everyone at DAM’s SPUN exhibition. It delivers on all levels. … Continue reading
Our graphic designer Erin gives her spin on Spun: It’s heartening to walk through an exhibit like Denver Art Museum’s Spun: Adventures in Textiles. As a designer, I’ve long identified with the human desire for adornment – an inclination to … Continue reading