Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 2 Color Blocking
- The Sewing Pattern You Need To Sew
- Melissa Mora – Adding Personal Details To Oceanside Pants
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 1 Prep & Fabric Choices
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Top Tips for Salvaging Purse Hardware
- Good News For People Who Love Sewing!
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Tips For Working With Knits
- Pepernoot Coat Sew Along: Finishing Details
- Would You Sew A 1000 Dresses?
- Visual Dictionary: 6 Different Stitches For Your Serger
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: Jessica
Can you believe we’re on day 9 of the giveaways? Christmas is right around the corner! Yesterday we gave away 2 super fun design packs from Loralie Designs. Each winner will receive one pack, either the Bee Happy design collection … Continue reading
Happy Thursday everyone! Today marks the 5th day of the Sew News 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways. There have been several fabulous prizes and a variety of winners. Today’s prize promises to not disappoint, but first let’s reveal the lucky … Continue reading
Winter weather is here to stay. At the Sew News offices today we’ve had the first major snow of the season. As the colder temperatures settle in, we’re preparing for winter with wool sewing projects. In the latest issue, Sew … Continue reading
The “Last Laugh” column on the last page of each Sew News issue is always a reader favorite. I am the lucky editor that gets to sort through all the sewing bloopers and find the best ones for the magazine. … Continue reading
Happy Monday everyone! Did you spend your weekend sewing? I did! Though I spent some of my sewing time teaching a few young ladies the basics of hand sewing. It was a learning experience for all of us. They learned … Continue reading
Sue, our fabulous art director highly enjoyed the new exhibition at the Denver Art Museum. Here’s a write up of her favorite piece from the show. There is something for everyone at DAM’s SPUN exhibition. It delivers on all levels. … Continue reading
Our graphic designer Erin gives her spin on Spun: It’s heartening to walk through an exhibit like Denver Art Museum’s Spun: Adventures in Textiles. As a designer, I’ve long identified with the human desire for adornment – an inclination to … Continue reading