Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Masterclass Mini-Tutorial: Draft Your Own Fly-Front Zipper
- Clare Coat Sew Along, Week 1: Choosing Wool Coating
- Sew Along with Sew News 2017
- STAR WARS: Storytelling Through Costume
- And the winner of the Signature Bags giveaway is…
- Islander Cape Sew Along: Week 3 Finishing Details
- Check Out Our New Issue! Plus Freebies!
- Giveaway: Signature Bags by Michelle Golightly
- (Sewing) Year in Review + Goals for 2017!
- Islander Cape Sew Along: Week 2 Construction + Pocket Details
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: Jessica
The Denver Art Museum’s new exhibition, Spun: Adventures in Textiles is worthy of many visits. 14 different curators have created textile based exhibits to explore and enjoy. As a sewist I’m drawn to tactile art. I love anything I can … Continue reading
Have you been ogling the trifle on the cover of the June/July issue of Sew News? It’s super easy to make and will impress guests at your next get together. Trifles are essentially a bit of custard, a spot of … Continue reading
Happy April! Happy National Serger Month! Here’s a quick and easy knit cap you can make with your serger (and a wee bit of stitching on your sewing machine) in just a few hours. I love knit caps because they … Continue reading
This week we’ve been busy researching a story for our upcoming June/July ’13 issue. We’re writing a 16 page expose on extreme sewists. Here’s an excerpt from this thrilling article: “You wouldn’t believe how many needles I break,” Shauna explained, … Continue reading
Happy Tuesday everyone! Hope your week is shaping up well. Today is Day 5 of Sew It All TV’s 13 Days of Giveaways. On March 2nd, Season 5 will begin airing and to celebrate we’re giving away prizes from past … Continue reading
Once upon a time we received an advanced copy of Killer Slippers and How to Make Them. I fell in love with the cover slippers, a pair of dashing steamboats anyone would be proud to have warm their feet. There … Continue reading