Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Name Your #1 Favorite Sewing Tool
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 3 Pockets!
- What We Love To Sew – From The Editors of Sew News!
- What Do You Need To Be Creative? Time, Space (A Free Design)? Read On!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery – Episode 9 Preview
- Weekender Sew Along Week 2: Piping and Cording Tutorial
- National Sewing Month: What Sewing Means to Kate
- New Webinar with Connie Crawford! Learn To Grade Sewing Patterns
- Inspiration Inside! Sew What You Love
- Canvas & Vinyl Tote Bag – a fall must-sew!
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: Kari
Hello everyone, Today is my last day here at Sew News magazine. My husband accepted a position in San Diego, CA, which means that early next week we will begin a new chapter in our lives. It’s been a pleasure … Continue reading
Thanks to everyone for entering our Free Stuff Friday contest! We asked you to submit your best sewing tips and tricks, and we found out that you all are very creative! We randomly selected one winner from the comments. Congratulations … Continue reading
We’re looking for some fresh, unique sewing tips and tricks. Give us your best sewing tip or handy dandy trick for your chance to win a collection of Vintage Chic Stackable Reproduction Vintage buttons from JHB! From the responses, we’ll … Continue reading
Today marks the official start of SUMMER!!! I think most people will say they love to get outdoors during the summer, but sometimes it’s just too hot to do anything. Those “too hot” days are perfect for sitting in an … Continue reading
How was your Mother’s Day? This year, I did a little planning ahead of time and made my mom a lap quilt with cute fabrics. The fabric has horses, horseshoes, paisley, and western stars (my mom is a cowgirl). I … Continue reading
Congratulations to Sheila L.! She won the My Style Greeting pattern from Islander Sewing Systems for answering our question: Who do you sew for the most? Mom? Dad? Kids? Husband? Friends? Yourself? The family dog? What do you sew for these … Continue reading