Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sew for Summer: June/July Sew News Preview
- Would You Sew With An 80 Year Old Sewing Pattern?
- Quilting Just For Beginners
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: Kari
Hello everyone, Today is my last day here at Sew News magazine. My husband accepted a position in San Diego, CA, which means that early next week we will begin a new chapter in our lives. It’s been a pleasure … Continue reading
Thanks to everyone for entering our Free Stuff Friday contest! We asked you to submit your best sewing tips and tricks, and we found out that you all are very creative! We randomly selected one winner from the comments. Congratulations … Continue reading
We’re looking for some fresh, unique sewing tips and tricks. Give us your best sewing tip or handy dandy trick for your chance to win a collection of Vintage Chic Stackable Reproduction Vintage buttons from JHB! From the responses, we’ll … Continue reading
Today marks the official start of SUMMER!!! I think most people will say they love to get outdoors during the summer, but sometimes it’s just too hot to do anything. Those “too hot” days are perfect for sitting in an … Continue reading
How was your Mother’s Day? This year, I did a little planning ahead of time and made my mom a lap quilt with cute fabrics. The fabric has horses, horseshoes, paisley, and western stars (my mom is a cowgirl). I … Continue reading
Congratulations to Sheila L.! She won the My Style Greeting pattern from Islander Sewing Systems for answering our question: Who do you sew for the most? Mom? Dad? Kids? Husband? Friends? Yourself? The family dog? What do you sew for these … Continue reading