Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Luzerne Trench Sew Along, Week 3: Bound Buttonhole Tutorial
- 2018 Figure Skating Costumes
- Sewing Makes You Love Yourself – Lumps And All!
- Luzerne Trench Sew Along Week 2: Trench Coat Fabric Recommendations
- Project Runway All Stars Recap: S6, E6
- Meet the Maker: Sara Johansen
- Winter Games Opening Ceremony Fashions
- Take the 10×10 Wardrobe Fashion Challenge
- Luzerne Trench Sew Along, Week 1: Inspiration Behind the Design
- Sports And Crafts: How To Do Both At The Same Time
Read From Our Archives
Author Archives: Jessica Ziebarth
Sara Johansen is a wife, mom to two little ones, BERNINA Ambassador, and creative innovator in-between. Basically, fashion forward sewing is her thing. Learn more about Sara at TheSaraProject.com or @thesaraproject_.
Styling embellished denim can be more difficult than the making of them. I’ve created 10 different looks using the Pearl Hem Pants that were featured in the Feb/Mar 2018 issue of Sew News‘ “High-End Hack” column. I was able to … Continue reading
Pearl Hem Pants Embellished denim is everywhere and adorned with everything, including pearls, gems and embroidery. Begin with a pair of ready-made jeans and easily create your own designer denim without breaking the bank. Follow these simple step-by-step photos to … Continue reading
Happy New Year! This year I am looking forward to sewing more for myself. I seem to always get caught up in mending something for someone, making gifts for friends and family or sewing up a project for work. Though … Continue reading
Tip of the Week: We have our tip of the week! Will this tip make your sewing life easier? If you have any sewing tips or ideas let us know! NEEDLE BOX … Email your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org and your … Continue reading
Floss Fix Instead of using a basting stitch to create ruffles, zigzag stitch on the widest setting over dental floss or cording. Push the fabric down the cording to create easy ruffles without straining your hands.
I recently made my first pair of pants using the Oceanside Pant pattern by Blank Slate Patterns. The name of the pattern couldn’t be any more perfect! These were a BREEZE to make! Why have I waited so long to … Continue reading