Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- T-shirt Pattern Review: Lane Raglan by Hey June Handmade
- New Issue Of Sew News! Summer Sewing At It’s Best!
- T-Shirt Pattern Review: Gina Renee Designs Flared Tee Shirt
- How To Sew Knits: Top Tips
- Sewing with Knits: Understanding Negative Ease
- Mother’s Day Gift of a Lifetime!
- And the Winner of the Coloring with Thread Giveaway Is…
- T-Shirt Sewing Pattern Review: Inari Tee by Named Clothing
- Giveaway: Coloring with Thread by Tula Pink
- It’s T-Shirt Month!
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Costumes
Mermaid sequin fabric is THE coolest fabric around. It turns color by flipping the sequins up or down, it’s easy to sew (no need to trim away sequins along a seam line), and it’s great for garments and home decor. … Continue reading
Now that it’s October, we’re thinking about costumes (of course!). While a lot of people do their costume sewing at this time of year only, some people are thinking about costumes year-round. That’s how cosplayers tend to think — they plan … Continue reading
Today marks 20 years since the passing of John Denver, who was tragically killed in a plane crash off the coast of California on Oct 12, 1997. We celebrate the life of the humanitarian, political activist, award-winning songwriter and performer … Continue reading
This Thursday we’re throwing back to our Halloween Special Issue from 2000. It’s a real blast from the past, isn’t it? Bonus! Last year we made this issue into a pdf, patterns and all. Some of the costumes are still … Continue reading
Labor Day weekend’s almost here (for us in the USA and Canada at least)! I always look forward to this particular weekend not because of the extra day off (though that’s great, don’t get me wrong), but because every year … Continue reading
As you may or may not know, I began my sewing life in theatrical costuming. I learned to sew in my university costume shop, and worked for several years in a professional shop after I had my degree. For National … Continue reading