Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Week 2 of the Clover Pant Sew Along – Fitting Issues
- Departure Shift Dress Hack
- Sewing Room Nightmares: What’s Your Space Look Like? + Enter Into A Giveaway!
- Week 1 of the Clover Pant Sew Along – Pattern Prep & Fabric Choices
- Ginger Jeans Sew Along Starts Now! Shopping List & Prep Work
- How To Sew Leggings
- Today’s To-Do: Resurrect Those Sewing Resolutions!
- Oceanside Outfits + Easy Pants Sewing Project = Easy Style
- Technique in Focus: Flat-Fell Seams
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Up
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Events
Most folks around here think every month is sewing month. But, it is nice to have an entire month with the spotlight on sewing. In celebration of NSM, all month long the editors of Sew News, Creative Machine Embroidery and … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I had the amazing opportunity to attend the American Sewing Guild Conference in Indianapolis. I had a wonderful time, learned a lot, and met some fantastic people.One of my instructions was to fill my day with … Continue reading
Everybody loves knits. Everybody. They’re soft, comfy, and super fashionable. Whether your look is tailored, sporty, or feminine – there’s a knit fashion for that! Every year new fiber and knit stitch combinations make their debut for even more fabulous … Continue reading
Do you have the latest copy of Sew News yet? If you need any help on fitting garments we have two outstanding articles this month. Joi Mahon’s latest article: Fitting the Aging Figure addresses the unstoppable downward droop many of … Continue reading
I was the lucky “chosen one” to attend this year’s Baby Lock Common Threads event. And boy the hype did not disappoint! For those of you who do not know about the Common Threads event, it is a place where … Continue reading
In the past I didn’t really think too much about making my own lingerie or bras. I just excepted itchy, pokey and ill-fitting bras. But no more! I’m dipping my toe into the bra making fun that I see all … Continue reading
This might be TMI, but I have a lot of problems finding bras that fit. For one thing, my cup size falls halfway between A and B, so As are always a little small and Bs are always a little … Continue reading