Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 2 Color Blocking
- The Sewing Pattern You Need To Sew
- Melissa Mora – Adding Personal Details To Oceanside Pants
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 1 Prep & Fabric Choices
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Top Tips for Salvaging Purse Hardware
- Good News For People Who Love Sewing!
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Tips For Working With Knits
- Pepernoot Coat Sew Along: Finishing Details
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Fashion
You may recall my quick review of Joi Mahon’s book, Create the Perfect Fit on the Sew News blog awhile back. It’s one of my first resources I go to on fitting. Which got me to thinking, how do people … Continue reading
I really love Joi Mahon’s books and videos and her fresh take on sewing. She takes difficult concepts and breaks them down in to manageable sizes. Sewing as we all know is easy. Making things fit? Like trying to sculpt … Continue reading
Here at the Sew News office, we are very devoted fans of Project Runway mentor and fashion expert Tim Gunn. In fact, Editor-in-chief Ellen and I have been trading our favorite “Tim-isms” and comparing notes about the previous night’s PR … Continue reading
I saw this new emerging fashion designer on the website Muuse.com. Tilda Bay Kristofferson’s latest collection was reviewed as “…impressively dramatic and atmospheric [finding] inspiration in poetry, darkness and a strong, feminine woman.” Unfortunately, I’m unable to view the collection first … Continue reading
I’ve been sewing for a long time, 2nd grade is when I started and then dropped it in high school ’cause it was ‘dorky’. Then took it up when I started working for theatrical costume shops. I come from a … Continue reading
Fortunately for those of us that know how to sew we are not relegated to wearing short shorts, Daisy Dukes, itty-bitty barely-there summer wear. These short looks on the runway this year are all about structure, a bit of coverage … Continue reading