Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Name Your #1 Favorite Sewing Tool
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 3 Pockets!
- What We Love To Sew – From The Editors of Sew News!
- What Do You Need To Be Creative? Time, Space (A Free Design)? Read On!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery – Episode 9 Preview
- Weekender Sew Along Week 2: Piping and Cording Tutorial
- National Sewing Month: What Sewing Means to Kate
- New Webinar with Connie Crawford! Learn To Grade Sewing Patterns
- Inspiration Inside! Sew What You Love
- Canvas & Vinyl Tote Bag – a fall must-sew!
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Fashion
Amanda – Senior Editor These days, I love a TNT (tried and true). I prefer basics that I’ll actually wear on a daily basis rather than special occasion pieces. I usually don’t buy a pattern unless I think I’ll make … Continue reading
Summer Time Sewing Currently I am in the stages of finishing up my dress for a 1940s ball that I’m attending this weekend. This is the first costume type event that I’ve ever attended. It will be interesting to see … Continue reading
Now that summer’s finally here, we’re looking forward to all sorts of warm-weather fun. Lucky for us, we have the June/July issue of Sew News to help us out! Personally, I love to swim. Living in Colorado, I don’t get … Continue reading
You may recall my quick review of Joi Mahon’s book, Create the Perfect Fit on the Sew News blog awhile back. It’s one of my first resources I go to on fitting. Which got me to thinking, how do people … Continue reading
I really love Joi Mahon’s books and videos and her fresh take on sewing. She takes difficult concepts and breaks them down in to manageable sizes. Sewing as we all know is easy. Making things fit? Like trying to sculpt … Continue reading
Here at the Sew News office, we are very devoted fans of Project Runway mentor and fashion expert Tim Gunn. In fact, Editor-in-chief Ellen and I have been trading our favorite “Tim-isms” and comparing notes about the previous night’s PR … Continue reading
I saw this new emerging fashion designer on the website Muuse.com. Tilda Bay Kristofferson’s latest collection was reviewed as “…impressively dramatic and atmospheric [finding] inspiration in poetry, darkness and a strong, feminine woman.” Unfortunately, I’m unable to view the collection first … Continue reading