Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, week 2: Bust Dart Adjustments
- Patterns Printed on Custom Fabric
- Project Runway Recap, Season 16: Finale, Part 2
- Easy Sewing Project + Great Gift For Kids
- Gift Tags For Those That Sew – Free Printables!
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, Week 1: Fabric Options
- Nancy Zieman Loses Battle with Cancer
- Holiday sewing inspiration with Sew News December/January issue!
- Project Runway Recap: Episode 13 Finale, Part 1
- Top Cardigan Pattern – Sew News Staff Picks
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Fashion
We’re Sleeping Wear? Season 16, Episode 4 The designers must incorporate surface embellishment techniques into sleepwear fashions for Heidi Klum’s Sleepwear Collection. The winning look will be mass produced for Heidi’s line. photos courtesy of mylifetime.com. I was super excited … Continue reading
Project Runway: Week in Review A Leap of Innovation Taking inspiration from the movie Leap. I’ll start off by saying: I don’t get it. The winning look from E3 looked like a sloppy, ill-fitting oversized men’s shirt with button loop … Continue reading
You’ve read about fall sewing trends with Mimi G, you’ve got your stretch velvet and your flannel and you’re ready to get sewing. Us too! Read on for more of what we’re planning for the fall. Amanda’s Plan Why, oh … Continue reading
Project Runway: Week in Review One Size Does Not Fit All Woo-hoo! Another season of Project Runway started last night and we are giddy with glee! all photos courtesy of Lifetime. My absolute favorite part of this season is that … Continue reading
We’re pretty sure you can wear sweatshirts everywhere this fall and winter. Provided you have a good base pattern (and we recommend the Linden!), sweatshirts are easy to customize and upgrade, with some simple hacks, fabric selection and easy embellishment. … Continue reading
If there’s a dress style we love for its ability to transition from summer to fall, it’s the shirtdress. Inspired by the button-up shirt, modern shirtdress patterns take on a variety of forms from shifts to vintage-inspired fit-and-flare designs and … Continue reading