Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Easy Sew Holiday Stockings
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, week 2: Bust Dart Adjustments
- Patterns Printed on Custom Fabric
- Project Runway Recap, Season 16: Finale, Part 2
- Easy Sewing Project + Great Gift For Kids
- Gift Tags For Those That Sew – Free Printables!
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, Week 1: Fabric Options
- Nancy Zieman Loses Battle with Cancer
- Holiday sewing inspiration with Sew News December/January issue!
- Project Runway Recap: Episode 13 Finale, Part 1
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Fashion
Ty from Burdastyle.com joins us today with her top picks for sundress patterns. In order for a regular dress to be considered a “sundress” I think it needs to show a little skin, and always have bare shoulders. I love … Continue reading
Amanda, here! Yay for sundress week! A bit of background before I hop into my pattern pick…so hold tight. When I started sewing, I focused on all dresses, all the time. After an extended break from sewing garments for myself, … Continue reading
Dresses are the perfect thing to wear in mid-summer heat…and thank goodness they’re also one of our favorite things to sew! Join us this month as the Sew News and BurdaStyle editors discuss our favorite dress patterns, starting with wrap … Continue reading
Happy Tank Week! I wanted to test a knit tank as well as a woven to have options. These will be my two go-to patterns for summer! First I went with the Rumi by Christine Haynes Patterns. I love Christine … Continue reading
The Tony Awards is beginning to show that it can have a seat at the big kids table. If you’ve been a watcher of the Tony Awards you can’t help but notice that stars are bringing a lot more A … Continue reading
I attended the 2017 Denver Paper Fashion Show put on by the Art Directors Club of Denver on April 6. It was an event that I’ve wanted to attend for awhile and the stars aligned this year. I went as … Continue reading