Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Embrace Your Curves! Learn How To Fit & Flatter Your Figure!
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along: Week 4 Final Details
- Learn to Sew & Draft Your Own 10 Piece Lingerie Collection
- Best Excuse For More Fabric? Dresses! Check Out Cool Dresses For A Hot Summer.
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 3: Construction
- Common Threads 2016
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 2: Sewing With Spandex Fabrics
- 7 Easy Summer Pieces To Add To Your Wardrobe
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 3 Preview
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 1: Fabric Choice & Pattern Elements
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Tips & Techniques
I love vintage sewing patterns. I’m a sucker for their details, simplicity and sophistication. My current affection is for sweet styling of a button up blouse. What I’ve really come to love lately is the kimono and raglan sleeve, as … Continue reading
Making Stuff In May Over the weekend I worked on a simple camisole. I’d like to say that I totally intended this for Me Made May, but like every year MMM completely surprises me. I originally intended the gold fabric … Continue reading
I really love Joi Mahon’s books and videos and her fresh take on sewing. She takes difficult concepts and breaks them down in to manageable sizes. Sewing as we all know is easy. Making things fit? Like trying to sculpt … Continue reading
How Many Ways Are There To Say Underwear? No, I don’t like the word “panty.” I prefer underwear, underpants, even knickers. They sound a bit sturdier, which is how I like my undergarments, thank you very much. And, I’ll say … Continue reading
Follow my journey this coming year as I reconnect with techniques that I was taught in college. Each month I will feature a brief introduction to a non-sewing, mixed media technique. Be sure to check out both Creative Machine Embroidery … Continue reading
Sewing pants that fit is a struggle that countless sewists encounter. Many simply don’t even sew pants because of the fit issues and being unsure how to fit pants properly. If you’re one of the many don’t feel bad, help … Continue reading
For the past three weeks I have been telling you how I go about starting a new project. First with a fitting muslin and then by refining the fit and then the actual dress! Here it is, Simplicity 1104 in … Continue reading