Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- T-shirt Pattern Review: Lane Raglan by Hey June Handmade
- New Issue Of Sew News! Summer Sewing At It’s Best!
- T-Shirt Pattern Review: Gina Renee Designs Flared Tee Shirt
- How To Sew Knits: Top Tips
- Sewing with Knits: Understanding Negative Ease
- Mother’s Day Gift of a Lifetime!
- And the Winner of the Coloring with Thread Giveaway Is…
- T-Shirt Sewing Pattern Review: Inari Tee by Named Clothing
- Giveaway: Coloring with Thread by Tula Pink
- It’s T-Shirt Month!
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Tips & Techniques
It’s T-shirt month! Of course, T-shirts are generally made of knit fabrics, and sewing knits can be a little intimidating. But they’re really not that hard, as long as you know a few basic tips and tricks. Because knit fabrics … Continue reading
Sewing with Knits: Understanding Negative Ease Understanding knits and how to sew them to fit is a complex topic, so here’s some fitting wisdom on how knits differ from wovens with regards to fit. Good fit is a continuum, … Continue reading
Topstitching is seen on bags, jeans, jackets, home dec projects and accessories. When stitched right it gives added dimension and, in the case of jeans gives that store-bought quality to the finished garment. It’s a stitch that is designed to … Continue reading
Do you draw your designs before stitching them? Fashion sketching is a great way to round out your sewing and planning skills. From capturing design and alteration ideas and setting sewing intentions to documenting your creative journey and testing out garment … Continue reading
Take the Fear out of Sewing Fly-Front Zippers by Linda Reynolds Sewing a fly-front zipper seems intimidating. But, it’s actually one of the easiest zipper applications to sew, largely because much of the structural sewing is done behind the scenes on … Continue reading
Keep your kids busy during winter break with some fun easy sewing projects. The projects listed below are recommended for kids ages 8-12, and adult supervision is recommended! If your child is new to sewing, make sure to introduce him … Continue reading