Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Easy Sew Holiday Stockings
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, week 2: Bust Dart Adjustments
- Patterns Printed on Custom Fabric
- Project Runway Recap, Season 16: Finale, Part 2
- Easy Sewing Project + Great Gift For Kids
- Gift Tags For Those That Sew – Free Printables!
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, Week 1: Fabric Options
- Nancy Zieman Loses Battle with Cancer
- Holiday sewing inspiration with Sew News December/January issue!
- Project Runway Recap: Episode 13 Finale, Part 1
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Tips & Techniques
If you love the Office Posh jacket hack in the Oct/Nov issue of Sew News, you are not alone! Created by long-time Sew News contributor Ana Jankovic, this jacket is an absolute stunner! The base pattern calls for an open jacket … Continue reading
Tip of the Week: We have our tip of the week! Will this tip make your sewing life easier? If you have any sewing tips or ideas let us know! NEEDLE BOX … Email your tips to email@example.com and your … Continue reading
Happy Tank Week! I wanted to test a knit tank as well as a woven to have options. These will be my two go-to patterns for summer! First I went with the Rumi by Christine Haynes Patterns. I love Christine … Continue reading
The apex is a key location for pattern making, flat patterning, draping and adjusting a pattern for a custom fit. When you learn flat-pattern design, the apex is the starting point for rotating darts and creating any garment pattern you … Continue reading
Not everyone encounters a gapping neckline, but when you have one, you know it. In my February/March 2017 Sew News column I addressed why this occurs and how easy it is to fix. Read on to learn how I discovered … Continue reading
Have you seen our new February/March 2017 issue yet? We’re really excited about our new Masterclass column. In it, Linda Reynolds goes over in detail how to tackle some of the more intimidating sewing tasks that a sewist might run … Continue reading