Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sew News 2018 – New Year, New Columns!
- January is Hot Tea Month! Celebrate In Style
- Project Runway All Stars Recap: Season 6, Episode 3
- Need A Warm Hat This Weekend?
- High-End Hack: Pearl Hem Pant Tutorial
- Project Runway All Stars Season 6, E 2 Recap
- Wardrobe Planning with Riva la Diva: 4 Steps to Developing Your Style
- 2018 Sewing Goals – Assistant Editor, Jessica Ziebarth
- And the Winner of the Stylish Wraps Giveaway Is…
- Project Runway All Stars Season 6: Episode 1 Recap
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Tips & Techniques
Leggings have been a trend for a while, but it’s one I hadn’t really gotten into. But when I saw the article in the Feb/Mar 2016 issue of Sew News about making your own leggings, I decided to give it … Continue reading
A Knack for Knits Lately, I’ve been sewing with a lot of silks and silkys. Must be due to the weather. As this summer flies by, fall will be right around the corner. Most likely I’ll trade my silk fabrics … Continue reading
I love vintage sewing patterns. I’m a sucker for their details, simplicity and sophistication. My current affection is for sweet styling of a button up blouse. What I’ve really come to love lately is the kimono and raglan sleeve, as … Continue reading
Making Stuff In May Over the weekend I worked on a simple camisole. I’d like to say that I totally intended this for Me Made May, but like every year MMM completely surprises me. I originally intended the gold fabric … Continue reading
I really love Joi Mahon’s books and videos and her fresh take on sewing. She takes difficult concepts and breaks them down in to manageable sizes. Sewing as we all know is easy. Making things fit? Like trying to sculpt … Continue reading
How Many Ways Are There To Say Underwear? No, I don’t like the word “panty.” I prefer underwear, underpants, even knickers. They sound a bit sturdier, which is how I like my undergarments, thank you very much. And, I’ll say … Continue reading