Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, week 2: Bust Dart Adjustments
- Patterns Printed on Custom Fabric
- Project Runway Recap, Season 16: Finale, Part 2
- Easy Sewing Project + Great Gift For Kids
- Gift Tags For Those That Sew – Free Printables!
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, Week 1: Fabric Options
- Nancy Zieman Loses Battle with Cancer
- Holiday sewing inspiration with Sew News December/January issue!
- Project Runway Recap: Episode 13 Finale, Part 1
- Top Cardigan Pattern – Sew News Staff Picks
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Tips & Techniques
For the past three weeks I have been telling you how I go about starting a new project. First with a fitting muslin and then by refining the fit and then the actual dress! Here it is, Simplicity 1104 in … Continue reading
Good morning! I am still working on Simplicity 1104. I have made up my muslin and wanted to show you how I look at the wrinkles and determine where I need to address fit issues. I am on my way … Continue reading
For people new to sewing, you might be wondering how you should start a garment sewing project. Everyone, as they become more experienced have their favorite ways of doing things. This is generally how I start a new project, with … Continue reading
Happy Thursday everyone! It’s National Sewing Month, and there’s no better way to celebrate than by going back to the basics! Today we’re taking you through a quick and easy tutorial on lapped zippers. Knowing how to sew a lapped … Continue reading
Summertime is finally upon us! And after having snow on Mother’s Day here in Denver, we’re ready for it! In honor of summer (and vacations!), read on to learn how to make quick and simple lightweight bags in various sizes. … Continue reading
As we mentioned on the blog last week, April is National Serger Month! I received my first serger as a gift when I was studying fashion design in college, and I fell in love right away. Not only does a … Continue reading