Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Luzerne Trench Sew Along, Week 3: Bound Buttonhole Tutorial
- 2018 Figure Skating Costumes
- Sewing Makes You Love Yourself – Lumps And All!
- Luzerne Trench Sew Along Week 2: Trench Coat Fabric Recommendations
- Project Runway All Stars Recap: S6, E6
- Meet the Maker: Sara Johansen
- Winter Games Opening Ceremony Fashions
- Take the 10×10 Wardrobe Fashion Challenge
- Luzerne Trench Sew Along, Week 1: Inspiration Behind the Design
- Sports And Crafts: How To Do Both At The Same Time
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Garment Sewing
Today marks 20 years since the passing of John Denver, who was tragically killed in a plane crash off the coast of California on Oct 12, 1997. We celebrate the life of the humanitarian, political activist, award-winning songwriter and performer … Continue reading
Happy October, friends! And Happy Pants Month! All month long we’ll be bringing you tips and tricks for making your own pair of pants, fitting and tailoring advice, styling options and pattern reviews. It’s all pants, all month long!
Are you looking for ways to update your fall wardrobe? We have lots of ideas in our fall and winter Sew News magazine for 2017. Plus, we have tips and suggestions on refreshing your wardrobe, how to create couture touches, … Continue reading
Project Runway: Week in Review A Leap of Innovation Taking inspiration from the movie Leap. I’ll start off by saying: I don’t get it. The winning look from E3 looked like a sloppy, ill-fitting oversized men’s shirt with button loop … Continue reading
Project Runway: Week in Review One Size Does Not Fit All Woo-hoo! Another season of Project Runway started last night and we are giddy with glee! all photos courtesy of Lifetime. My absolute favorite part of this season is that … Continue reading
If there’s a dress style we love for its ability to transition from summer to fall, it’s the shirtdress. Inspired by the button-up shirt, modern shirtdress patterns take on a variety of forms from shifts to vintage-inspired fit-and-flare designs and … Continue reading