Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Masterclass Mini-Tutorial: Draft Your Own Fly-Front Zipper
- Clare Coat Sew Along, Week 1: Choosing Wool Coating
- Sew Along with Sew News 2017
- STAR WARS: Storytelling Through Costume
- And the winner of the Signature Bags giveaway is…
- Islander Cape Sew Along: Week 3 Finishing Details
- Check Out Our New Issue! Plus Freebies!
- Giveaway: Signature Bags by Michelle Golightly
- (Sewing) Year in Review + Goals for 2017!
- Islander Cape Sew Along: Week 2 Construction + Pocket Details
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: National Serger Month
It is well known around here that I had a beautiful serger but I stupidly forgot to oil it. Living in a dry climate and the fact that I used the heck out of it, well, I’m sure you can … Continue reading
Happy National Serger Month! It may be the last day of April, but it’s still a sergerific day! Sergers solve so many sewing problems; they finish seams nicely, can make a rolled hem in a flash and add a professional … Continue reading
Have you ever thought about using a serger to apply a zipper? If not, you should! The traditional sewing machine and zipper foot method is always a good way to go, but using a serger can simplify the task and … Continue reading
Sergers today are not at all as complicated as you might think they are. Older, home sergers were often noted for the complexity in threading and operating. When using my serger in its early days I spent far too much … Continue reading
As we mentioned on the blog last week, April is National Serger Month! I received my first serger as a gift when I was studying fashion design in college, and I fell in love right away. Not only does a … Continue reading
We love sergers! They make our sewing lives easier, faster and give amazing, professional results. What’s not to love! And, we also love National Serger Month when we can share tips, projects and show others how great sergers are all … Continue reading
We’re celebrating the first-ever National Serger Month all throughout April by sharing tips, techniques and tutorials to help you get the most out of your serger. A serger isn’t just for finishing raw edges. Learn about fun serger feet that will … Continue reading