Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sew News 2018 – New Year, New Columns!
- January is Hot Tea Month! Celebrate In Style
- Project Runway All Stars Recap: Season 6, Episode 3
- Need A Warm Hat This Weekend?
- High-End Hack: Pearl Hem Pant Tutorial
- Project Runway All Stars Season 6, E 2 Recap
- Wardrobe Planning with Riva la Diva: 4 Steps to Developing Your Style
- 2018 Sewing Goals – Assistant Editor, Jessica Ziebarth
- And the Winner of the Stylish Wraps Giveaway Is…
- Project Runway All Stars Season 6: Episode 1 Recap
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Sewing Inspiration
We’re Sleeping Wear? Season 16, Episode 4 The designers must incorporate surface embellishment techniques into sleepwear fashions for Heidi Klum’s Sleepwear Collection. The winning look will be mass produced for Heidi’s line. photos courtesy of mylifetime.com. I was super excited … Continue reading
I do have a few opinions on what makes a great sundress. Sundresses should be comfortable. If you’re dealing with a high heat situation you do not want to be wearing an tight fitting, pinchy dress. Comfort is on the … Continue reading
Kate’s Take on the Josie Sundress The first issue of Sew News that was released after I came to work here had the Josie Sundress on the cover. I thought it was so cute, and I thought it might be … Continue reading
One of my goals in my personal sewing game is to slow down and enjoy the process. Sometimes when I start a project I’m so focused on finishing it and wearing it that I lose sight of opportunities to take … Continue reading
Nothing spells summer like a sweet sundress. When the weather turns hot, sundresses are the only way to go. How do you define a sundress? Do you think easy to make, easy to wear, easy to style, something that shows … Continue reading
It was only recently that I was introduced to the concept of a “tried and true” pattern — one that you enjoy making and like the fit and style enough to make again and again. I was always a try-something-new … Continue reading