Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Patterns Printed on Custom Fabric
- Project Runway Recap, Season 16: Finale, Part 2
- Easy Sewing Project + Great Gift For Kids
- Gift Tags For Those That Sew – Free Printables!
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, Week 1: Fabric Options
- Nancy Zieman Loses Battle with Cancer
- Holiday sewing inspiration with Sew News December/January issue!
- Project Runway Recap: Episode 13 Finale, Part 1
- Top Cardigan Pattern – Sew News Staff Picks
- Office Posh collared blazer pattern hack
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Sewing Inspiration
It was only recently that I was introduced to the concept of a “tried and true” pattern — one that you enjoy making and like the fit and style enough to make again and again. I was always a try-something-new … Continue reading
Did you read our Gallery Tunic Sew-Along back in August? Even though I was the one who posted it, I wasn’t the one who sewed the sample garment. I have to admit, though, as I cleaned up the text and … Continue reading
Have you seen our new February/March 2017 issue yet? We’re really excited about our new Masterclass column. In it, Linda Reynolds goes over in detail how to tackle some of the more intimidating sewing tasks that a sewist might run … Continue reading
“I saw this Jedi costume… At last I had an idea of who I was, how to carry myself, and I had my way of being.” —Samuel L. Jackson, Actor Costume is a vital storytelling element, visually communicating information about … Continue reading
Seasonally appropriate? Not in the least! I’m a summer girl, so sometimes the only thing that gets me through fall and winter is dreaming about when the warm weather will come around again. That’s what was behind my choice to … Continue reading
Leggings have been a trend for a while, but it’s one I hadn’t really gotten into. But when I saw the article in the Feb/Mar 2016 issue of Sew News about making your own leggings, I decided to give it … Continue reading