Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, week 2: Bust Dart Adjustments
- Patterns Printed on Custom Fabric
- Project Runway Recap, Season 16: Finale, Part 2
- Easy Sewing Project + Great Gift For Kids
- Gift Tags For Those That Sew – Free Printables!
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, Week 1: Fabric Options
- Nancy Zieman Loses Battle with Cancer
- Holiday sewing inspiration with Sew News December/January issue!
- Project Runway Recap: Episode 13 Finale, Part 1
- Top Cardigan Pattern – Sew News Staff Picks
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Sewing Inspiration
I get a lot of questions on what certification means when taking a online or face-to-face class. It’s a good question and I think it deserves a bit of space, because some of these classes can be expensive, so you’ll … Continue reading
Have you ever wanted to copy a RTW garment and make a pattern out of it? I see clothes all the time at the mall or online shopping and think how easily I could make it myself. Actually, it’s a … Continue reading
Shortly after I started working for Sew News in March, I was looking through recent issues and spotted the Up in Arms Blouse (Feb/Mar 2016). I thought it was super cute, and it promptly went on my list of projects … Continue reading
Recently I attended a 1940s summer ball. It was a great night of dancing, mingling with military veterans, vintage fashion and people watching. I have never seen so many women dressed up outside of a wedding or other formal event. … Continue reading
Now that summer’s finally here, we’re looking forward to all sorts of warm-weather fun. Lucky for us, we have the June/July issue of Sew News to help us out! Personally, I love to swim. Living in Colorado, I don’t get … Continue reading
As a loyal Sew News fan we’d love to know more about your thoughts and experiences with sewing in the Sewing in America Survey. This survey explores important 2016 topics including social media, trends in project types and fabrics, and … Continue reading