Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Luzerne Trench Sew Along, Week 3: Bound Buttonhole Tutorial
- 2018 Figure Skating Costumes
- Sewing Makes You Love Yourself – Lumps And All!
- Luzerne Trench Sew Along Week 2: Trench Coat Fabric Recommendations
- Project Runway All Stars Recap: S6, E6
- Meet the Maker: Sara Johansen
- Winter Games Opening Ceremony Fashions
- Take the 10×10 Wardrobe Fashion Challenge
- Luzerne Trench Sew Along, Week 1: Inspiration Behind the Design
- Sports And Crafts: How To Do Both At The Same Time
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Tutorials
Keep your kids busy during winter break with some fun easy sewing projects. The projects listed below are recommended for kids ages 8-12, and adult supervision is recommended! If your child is new to sewing, make sure to introduce him … Continue reading
We hope you’re on your way to having a handmade holiday! We thought these mini embroidery hoops made the cutest place cards, so we’ll be adding them as a little personal touch to our holiday tables. The package comes with … Continue reading
Whether you celebrate Thanksgiving in a traditional or modern way, with the good china or fiesta ware, you’re likely setting a table for the feast. And even if the feast isn’t in your own home, making place cards that look … Continue reading
Happy October, friends! And Happy Pants Month! All month long we’ll be bringing you tips and tricks for making your own pair of pants, fitting and tailoring advice, styling options and pattern reviews. It’s all pants, all month long!
Keeping the kids busy these next couple of weeks before school is a bit challenging. I want to savor the last moments of summer, but need the littles to wrap their heads around the idea that school is starting and … Continue reading
The hemstitch, often seen as a border on linen tablecloths and napkins and used as an heirloom sewing technique, is easy to complete using a sewing machine and a wing needle (1). The side “wings” on the needle push the … Continue reading
Have you seen our new February/March 2017 issue yet? We’re really excited about our new Masterclass column. In it, Linda Reynolds goes over in detail how to tackle some of the more intimidating sewing tasks that a sewist might run … Continue reading