Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sundress Week: Pattern Picks from BurdaStyle
- Travel Trio Sew Along, week 2: Self-Lining for Reversible Garments
- Sundress Week: Isla Dress Pattern by Made by Rae
- Sundress Week: Josie Dress by Christine Haynes for Sew News
- Creating Couture Embellishment: A Review & Giveaway
- Our Favorite Sundresses Of The Season!
- Favorite Wrap Dress Patterns
- Travel Trio Sew Along, Week 1: Tips for Working with Knit Fabrics
- Summer Sewing Inspiration is Here!
- And the Winner of the Sew Caroline Weekend Style Giveaway Is…
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Tutorials
The hemstitch, often seen as a border on linen tablecloths and napkins and used as an heirloom sewing technique, is easy to complete using a sewing machine and a wing needle (1). The side “wings” on the needle push the … Continue reading
Have you seen our new February/March 2017 issue yet? We’re really excited about our new Masterclass column. In it, Linda Reynolds goes over in detail how to tackle some of the more intimidating sewing tasks that a sewist might run … Continue reading
Tea for Two or Just for You! Free Tea Wallet Tutorial and Pattern! Stitch up a quick tea wallet that’s sure to fit in any purse. No longer need you fret over the tea selection at your local haunt, with … Continue reading
The Sewaholic Robson Coat Sew Along ~ This is our final sew-along of the year and I’m so glad we capped it off the with Sewaholic Robson Coat. This is such a great coat and is a multi-season item that … Continue reading
This free tutorial written by Whimsy Couture ™. These scarves feature Cuddle™ prints from Shannon Fabrics. For this neck warmer I used these prints: List of required materials: Cuddle fabric Satin fabric Sewing machine Scissors Straight pins Cutting mat Rotary … Continue reading
Summertime is finally upon us! And after having snow on Mother’s Day here in Denver, we’re ready for it! In honor of summer (and vacations!), read on to learn how to make quick and simple lightweight bags in various sizes. … Continue reading
There might be something in the water in our offices. We recently had 4 pregnant staff members (2 on our team and 2 on other teams) running about the building. On our team Associate Editor, Nicole LaFoille was expecting her … Continue reading