Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Embrace Your Curves! Learn How To Fit & Flatter Your Figure!
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along: Week 4 Final Details
- Learn to Sew & Draft Your Own 10 Piece Lingerie Collection
- Best Excuse For More Fabric? Dresses! Check Out Cool Dresses For A Hot Summer.
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 3: Construction
- Common Threads 2016
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 2: Sewing With Spandex Fabrics
- 7 Easy Summer Pieces To Add To Your Wardrobe
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 3 Preview
- Soma Swimsuit Sew Along Week 1: Fabric Choice & Pattern Elements
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Tutorials
The Sewaholic Robson Coat Sew Along ~ This is our final sew-along of the year and I’m so glad we capped it off the with Sewaholic Robson Coat. This is such a great coat and is a multi-season item that … Continue reading
This free tutorial written by Whimsy Couture ™. These scarves feature Cuddle™ prints from Shannon Fabrics. For this neck warmer I used these prints: List of required materials: Cuddle fabric Satin fabric Sewing machine Scissors Straight pins Cutting mat Rotary … Continue reading
Summertime is finally upon us! And after having snow on Mother’s Day here in Denver, we’re ready for it! In honor of summer (and vacations!), read on to learn how to make quick and simple lightweight bags in various sizes. … Continue reading
There might be something in the water in our offices. We recently had 4 pregnant staff members (2 on our team and 2 on other teams) running about the building. On our team Associate Editor, Nicole LaFoille was expecting her … Continue reading
Burlap, also known as Hessian cloth has always been a utilitarian type of fabric. In the past, burlap was more known for its uses in sandbagging, wrapping exposed tree roots for transportation and for shipping coffee and tobacco. More recently, … Continue reading
Tomorrow, our editorial assistant Jessie is hitting the road and heading to Original Sewing & Quilt Expo in Atlanta at the Gwinnett Center! Jessie will be in Make-It Center Thursday through Saturday. Here’s Jessie in Fort Worth, TX last year … Continue reading
Shannon Fabrics has a lovely line of Cuddle Fabrics with prints and selections that will please anyone on your sewing “To-Do List”. It’s not just for baby blankets, but can be made into chic scarves, capes and luxurious wraps. So, … Continue reading