Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 2 Color Blocking
- The Sewing Pattern You Need To Sew
- Melissa Mora – Adding Personal Details To Oceanside Pants
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 1 Prep & Fabric Choices
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Top Tips for Salvaging Purse Hardware
- Good News For People Who Love Sewing!
- Melissa Mora Gives Her Tips For Working With Knits
- Pepernoot Coat Sew Along: Finishing Details
- Would You Sew A 1000 Dresses?
- Visual Dictionary: 6 Different Stitches For Your Serger
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Tutorials
The Sewaholic Robson Coat Sew Along ~ This is our final sew-along of the year and I’m so glad we capped it off the with Sewaholic Robson Coat. This is such a great coat and is a multi-season item that … Continue reading
This free tutorial written by Whimsy Couture ™. These scarves feature Cuddle™ prints from Shannon Fabrics. For this neck warmer I used these prints: List of required materials: Cuddle fabric Satin fabric Sewing machine Scissors Straight pins Cutting mat Rotary … Continue reading
Summertime is finally upon us! And after having snow on Mother’s Day here in Denver, we’re ready for it! In honor of summer (and vacations!), read on to learn how to make quick and simple lightweight bags in various sizes. … Continue reading
There might be something in the water in our offices. We recently had 4 pregnant staff members (2 on our team and 2 on other teams) running about the building. On our team Associate Editor, Nicole LaFoille was expecting her … Continue reading
Burlap, also known as Hessian cloth has always been a utilitarian type of fabric. In the past, burlap was more known for its uses in sandbagging, wrapping exposed tree roots for transportation and for shipping coffee and tobacco. More recently, … Continue reading
Tomorrow, our editorial assistant Jessie is hitting the road and heading to Original Sewing & Quilt Expo in Atlanta at the Gwinnett Center! Jessie will be in Make-It Center Thursday through Saturday. Here’s Jessie in Fort Worth, TX last year … Continue reading
Shannon Fabrics has a lovely line of Cuddle Fabrics with prints and selections that will please anyone on your sewing “To-Do List”. It’s not just for baby blankets, but can be made into chic scarves, capes and luxurious wraps. So, … Continue reading