Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Easy Sew Holiday Stockings
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, week 2: Bust Dart Adjustments
- Patterns Printed on Custom Fabric
- Project Runway Recap, Season 16: Finale, Part 2
- Easy Sewing Project + Great Gift For Kids
- Gift Tags For Those That Sew – Free Printables!
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, Week 1: Fabric Options
- Nancy Zieman Loses Battle with Cancer
- Holiday sewing inspiration with Sew News December/January issue!
- Project Runway Recap: Episode 13 Finale, Part 1
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Tutorials
Whether you celebrate Thanksgiving in a traditional or modern way, with the good china or fiesta ware, you’re likely setting a table for the feast. And even if the feast isn’t in your own home, making place cards that look … Continue reading
Happy October, friends! And Happy Pants Month! All month long we’ll be bringing you tips and tricks for making your own pair of pants, fitting and tailoring advice, styling options and pattern reviews. It’s all pants, all month long!
Keeping the kids busy these next couple of weeks before school is a bit challenging. I want to savor the last moments of summer, but need the littles to wrap their heads around the idea that school is starting and … Continue reading
The hemstitch, often seen as a border on linen tablecloths and napkins and used as an heirloom sewing technique, is easy to complete using a sewing machine and a wing needle (1). The side “wings” on the needle push the … Continue reading
Have you seen our new February/March 2017 issue yet? We’re really excited about our new Masterclass column. In it, Linda Reynolds goes over in detail how to tackle some of the more intimidating sewing tasks that a sewist might run … Continue reading
Tea for Two or Just for You! Free Tea Wallet Tutorial and Pattern! Stitch up a quick tea wallet that’s sure to fit in any purse. No longer need you fret over the tea selection at your local haunt, with … Continue reading