Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Name Your #1 Favorite Sewing Tool
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 3 Pockets!
- What We Love To Sew – From The Editors of Sew News!
- What Do You Need To Be Creative? Time, Space (A Free Design)? Read On!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery – Episode 9 Preview
- Weekender Sew Along Week 2: Piping and Cording Tutorial
- National Sewing Month: What Sewing Means to Kate
- New Webinar with Connie Crawford! Learn To Grade Sewing Patterns
- Inspiration Inside! Sew What You Love
- Canvas & Vinyl Tote Bag – a fall must-sew!
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Tutorials
Shannon Fabrics has a lovely line of Cuddle Fabrics with prints and selections that will please anyone on your sewing “To-Do List”. It’s not just for baby blankets, but can be made into chic scarves, capes and luxurious wraps. So, … Continue reading
Welcome back to the Sew News Beautiful Belle Handbag Sew-Along! We are so excited to see all the beautiful fabric choices you have made on our Flickr Belle Handbag Sew-Along Page. If you haven’t checked them out please do so. … Continue reading
Making a crib skirt is the perfect opportunity to add some handmade touches to a nursery. A crib skirt can be as complex or simple as you want. It’s really just four rectangles of fabric. I added box pleats to … Continue reading
Use your extra, mismatched or specialty buttons to make a one-of-a-kind button bracelet. Materials Needed Chain link bracelet with or without clasp Assorted buttons with shank attached Jump rings in matching color to chain link bracelet Jewelry pliers Display the … Continue reading
It’s the special touches that make anything special. Give your holiday table setting that special touch with the Poinsettia Napkin ring. It’s very easy to make, just 3 simple shapes cut from felt. To put the napkin ring together simply … Continue reading
What person doesn’t need another tote bag? I haul my knitting in one, notebooks, and things I think I can’t live without in another. Give one to the kids to keep all their little things in for car trips and … Continue reading