Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 2 Color Blocking
- The Sewing Pattern You Need To Sew
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Tutorials
Welcome back to the Sew News Beautiful Belle Handbag Sew-Along! We are so excited to see all the beautiful fabric choices you have made on our Flickr Belle Handbag Sew-Along Page. If you haven’t checked them out please do so. … Continue reading
Making a crib skirt is the perfect opportunity to add some handmade touches to a nursery. A crib skirt can be as complex or simple as you want. It’s really just four rectangles of fabric. I added box pleats to … Continue reading
Use your extra, mismatched or specialty buttons to make a one-of-a-kind button bracelet. Materials Needed Chain link bracelet with or without clasp Assorted buttons with shank attached Jump rings in matching color to chain link bracelet Jewelry pliers Display the … Continue reading
It’s the special touches that make anything special. Give your holiday table setting that special touch with the Poinsettia Napkin ring. It’s very easy to make, just 3 simple shapes cut from felt. To put the napkin ring together simply … Continue reading
What person doesn’t need another tote bag? I haul my knitting in one, notebooks, and things I think I can’t live without in another. Give one to the kids to keep all their little things in for car trips and … Continue reading
Last year I was approached by Jimmy Beans Wool to be a part a featured designer/author in their Sew Red book, a follow up to their Knit Red book published in 2012 to raise awareness for women’s heart health. Partial … Continue reading