Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Masterclass Mini-Tutorial: Draft Your Own Fly-Front Zipper
- Clare Coat Sew Along, Week 1: Choosing Wool Coating
- Sew Along with Sew News 2017
- STAR WARS: Storytelling Through Costume
- And the winner of the Signature Bags giveaway is…
- Islander Cape Sew Along: Week 3 Finishing Details
- Check Out Our New Issue! Plus Freebies!
- Giveaway: Signature Bags by Michelle Golightly
- (Sewing) Year in Review + Goals for 2017!
- Islander Cape Sew Along: Week 2 Construction + Pocket Details
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Tutorials
Tomorrow, our editorial assistant Jessie is hitting the road and heading to Original Sewing & Quilt Expo in Atlanta at the Gwinnett Center! Jessie will be in Make-It Center Thursday through Saturday. Here’s Jessie in Fort Worth, TX last year … Continue reading
Shannon Fabrics has a lovely line of Cuddle Fabrics with prints and selections that will please anyone on your sewing “To-Do List”. It’s not just for baby blankets, but can be made into chic scarves, capes and luxurious wraps. So, … Continue reading
Welcome back to the Sew News Beautiful Belle Handbag Sew-Along! We are so excited to see all the beautiful fabric choices you have made on our Flickr Belle Handbag Sew-Along Page. If you haven’t checked them out please do so. … Continue reading
Making a crib skirt is the perfect opportunity to add some handmade touches to a nursery. A crib skirt can be as complex or simple as you want. It’s really just four rectangles of fabric. I added box pleats to … Continue reading
Use your extra, mismatched or specialty buttons to make a one-of-a-kind button bracelet. Materials Needed Chain link bracelet with or without clasp Assorted buttons with shank attached Jump rings in matching color to chain link bracelet Jewelry pliers Display the … Continue reading
It’s the special touches that make anything special. Give your holiday table setting that special touch with the Poinsettia Napkin ring. It’s very easy to make, just 3 simple shapes cut from felt. To put the napkin ring together simply … Continue reading