Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Easy Sew Holiday Stockings
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, week 2: Bust Dart Adjustments
- Patterns Printed on Custom Fabric
- Project Runway Recap, Season 16: Finale, Part 2
- Easy Sewing Project + Great Gift For Kids
- Gift Tags For Those That Sew – Free Printables!
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, Week 1: Fabric Options
- Nancy Zieman Loses Battle with Cancer
- Holiday sewing inspiration with Sew News December/January issue!
- Project Runway Recap: Episode 13 Finale, Part 1
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Tutorials
Making a crib skirt is the perfect opportunity to add some handmade touches to a nursery. A crib skirt can be as complex or simple as you want. It’s really just four rectangles of fabric. I added box pleats to … Continue reading
Use your extra, mismatched or specialty buttons to make a one-of-a-kind button bracelet. Materials Needed Chain link bracelet with or without clasp Assorted buttons with shank attached Jump rings in matching color to chain link bracelet Jewelry pliers Display the … Continue reading
It’s the special touches that make anything special. Give your holiday table setting that special touch with the Poinsettia Napkin ring. It’s very easy to make, just 3 simple shapes cut from felt. To put the napkin ring together simply … Continue reading
What person doesn’t need another tote bag? I haul my knitting in one, notebooks, and things I think I can’t live without in another. Give one to the kids to keep all their little things in for car trips and … Continue reading
Last year I was approached by Jimmy Beans Wool to be a part a featured designer/author in their Sew Red book, a follow up to their Knit Red book published in 2012 to raise awareness for women’s heart health. Partial … Continue reading
I spent last weekend in Salt Lake City at the Sewing Summit. What a fabulous time! These ladies really know how to throw a sewing party. My flight was two hours delayed (not sure why because it was coming to … Continue reading
Stitch up this easy pleated tote bag in time to carry to the farmer’s market this weekend. I customized this bag for my friend Erin by adding a reverse applique with a machine embroidered monogram. When you’re making a … Continue reading