Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Want to go to Italy?
- Emerson Crop Pants Sew Along, Week 2: Assembly Tips
- 6 Spring Trends to Sew
- Trading Spaces is Back Episode 1 Recap
- Emerson Crop Pants Sew Along, Week 1: Pattern Prep, Pleats & Pockets
- Project Runway All Stars S6, E13: Finale Recap
- Sketch to Sew: Using a Bullet Journal with Ho Mei of Arrow Mountain
- Styling Ideas for Wide-Leg Crop Pants: Patterns and Inspiration
- Project Runway All Stars S6 E12 Recap
- Meet the Maker: Dana Willard of Made Everyday
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Floss Fix Instead of using a basting stitch to create ruffles, zigzag stitch on the widest setting over dental floss or cording. Push the fabric down the cording to create easy ruffles without straining your hands.
Labor Day weekend’s almost here (for us in the USA and Canada at least)! I always look forward to this particular weekend not because of the extra day off (though that’s great, don’t get me wrong), but because every year … Continue reading
Welcome to week 3 of the Linden Sew Along. If you’ve already cut your fabric and sewn the sleeve edges and the side seams, you are just a few simple steps from the finish line, friends! Today we’re discussing bands: neckbands, sleeve bands … Continue reading
It’s time to finally let the cat out of the (cute handmade) bag: Sew it All Volume 11 has landed! Hardworking wardrobe basics, plus all kinds of bags, accessories, simple gifts, home decor and more to fill out your fall … Continue reading
If you’re at all familiar with the online sewing community, you’re probably also familiar with the many independent pattern designers who inhabit that space. Independent designers offer a mix of PDF only and/or print patterns and proliferate Facebook and Instagram. … Continue reading
Okay, friends – let the sweatshirt fun commence! Last week we covered knit fabrics & tools, this week we’re talking cutting and construction, starting with the sweatshirt body. First things, first! If you’re new to raglan patterns, the body and … Continue reading