Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 3 Pockets!
- What We Love To Sew – From The Editors of Sew News!
- What Do You Need To Be Creative? Time, Space (A Free Design)? Read On!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery – Episode 9 Preview
- Weekender Sew Along Week 2: Piping and Cording Tutorial
- National Sewing Month: What Sewing Means to Kate
- New Webinar with Connie Crawford! Learn To Grade Sewing Patterns
- Inspiration Inside! Sew What You Love
- Canvas & Vinyl Tote Bag – a fall must-sew!
- Weekender Sew Along Starts Now! Prep & Supplies List
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Celebrate with us as we launch a new video, pattern and kit series called Sew with Me. There are so many things to love about this new series: luscious feature fabrics, fresh patterns and informative videos that let you skill … Continue reading
Celebrate with us as we launch a new video, pattern and kit series called Sew with Me: your chance to sew along with some of your favorite sewing designers. Today we’re chatting with Carla Crim, aka Scientific Seamstress and part … Continue reading
Etsy is an international platform for crafting talents to trade their goods, virtual files, vintage items, supplies. You can find a multitude of items on sale at Etsy, from one of a kind wooden beds to 2mm Swarovski crystals beads, … Continue reading
Camping is one of my favorite activities. I used to be the girl who loaded up her backpack, brought gourmet food for the campfire, and headed for the hills. Now I’m a car camper. If I can’t be near the … Continue reading
Amanda here, chiming in and celebrating my small sewing successes. Why, you ask?Because I finally sewed something! And better yet, something for myself! Carving out time to sew or create anything is probably my biggest creative challenge these days, thanks … Continue reading
Dear Fellow Sewers, One of the best things about summertime is reading (ideally by the pool, on the beach or with your toes in some kind of water). I’ll admit it’s been a long time since I read a novel. … Continue reading
Slopers are the perfect starting point for designing and making your own sewing patterns and garments. Slopers are in essence the basic template for the pattern making process, and they are used to establish the fit of the body. So … Continue reading