Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Easy Sew Holiday Stockings
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, week 2: Bust Dart Adjustments
- Patterns Printed on Custom Fabric
- Project Runway Recap, Season 16: Finale, Part 2
- Easy Sewing Project + Great Gift For Kids
- Gift Tags For Those That Sew – Free Printables!
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, Week 1: Fabric Options
- Nancy Zieman Loses Battle with Cancer
- Holiday sewing inspiration with Sew News December/January issue!
- Project Runway Recap: Episode 13 Finale, Part 1
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Uncategorized
If you’re thinking about sewing plans for fall, you’re in good company! Join us and sew up the ultimate fall staple, the Linden Sweatshirt by Grainline Studio! With raglan sleeves and a relaxed fit, this pattern features two views – … Continue reading
If you’ve been sewing for a long time, it is exciting to see how technology has changed the landscape over the years. From customizable patterns to print-at-home downloads from up-and-coming independent designers, sewing today offers you more control and options … Continue reading
If there’s a dress style we love for its ability to transition from summer to fall, it’s the shirtdress. Inspired by the button-up shirt, modern shirtdress patterns take on a variety of forms from shifts to vintage-inspired fit-and-flare designs and … Continue reading
Ty from Burdastyle.com joins us today with her top picks for sundress patterns. In order for a regular dress to be considered a “sundress” I think it needs to show a little skin, and always have bare shoulders. I love … Continue reading
Amanda, here! Yay for sundress week! A bit of background before I hop into my pattern pick…so hold tight. When I started sewing, I focused on all dresses, all the time. After an extended break from sewing garments for myself, … Continue reading
The Darling Ranges Dress is such a lovely take on the shirtdress – and the pattern includes a blouse and shift dress (sans the skirt) too! Pattern designer Megan Nielsen joins us today to share her tips and techniques for installing the dress’s placket. (And if … Continue reading