Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Would You Sew With An 80 Year Old Sewing Pattern?
- Quilting Just For Beginners
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
Read From Our Archives
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Slopers are the perfect starting point for designing and making your own sewing patterns and garments. Slopers are in essence the basic template for the pattern making process, and they are used to establish the fit of the body. So … Continue reading
Happy Monday seamstresses! To ease you into the week, we have a great book giveaway for you! Love at First Stitch: Demystifying Dressmaking by Tilly Walnes Tilly Walnes breaks down handmade clothing in an approachable, fun-to-read way. Each chapter … Continue reading
Looking for a last minute gift idea for mom? Shame on you for your poor planning, but we’ve got you covered! Purchase ePatterns from shopsewitall.com and use fabrics from your stash to stitch a handmade gift Mom will love. Like … Continue reading
The new issue of Sew News will be hitting newsstands in a few weeks, but we know how life can get away from you sometimes: Have you read through the current issue yet?? If not, take a gander at the … Continue reading
Can you believe that at any moment the next royal baby of Price William and Duchess Kate is due to arrive?! I am still in awe of how adorable Prince George is. In honor of this special arrival I will … Continue reading
Happy (early) National Quilting Day! Are you busy quilting today or dreaming up your next quilted masterpiece? Seeing as this Saturday is National Quilting Day, I am taking in all the beautiful quilted inspirations in our office. I have compiled … Continue reading
Hi, I’m Amanda, and I’m joining the Sew News and Creative Machine Embroidery team as the new senior editor. What a dynamic history both magazines have….I’m excited to be a part the awesome team that makes it all happen each … Continue reading