Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Week 1 of the Clover Pant Sew Along – Pattern Prep & Fabric Choices
- Ginger Jeans Sew Along Starts Now! Shopping List & Prep Work
- How To Sew Leggings
- Today’s To-Do: Resurrect Those Sewing Resolutions!
- Oceanside Outfits + Easy Pants Sewing Project = Easy Style
- Technique in Focus: Flat-Fell Seams
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Up
- Name Your #1 Favorite Sewing Tool
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 3 Pockets!
- What We Love To Sew – From The Editors of Sew News!
Read From Our Archives
Tag Archives: DIY
Leggings have been a trend for a while, but it’s one I hadn’t really gotten into. But when I saw the article in the Feb/Mar 2016 issue of Sew News about making your own leggings, I decided to give it … Continue reading
Shortly after I started working for Sew News in March, I was looking through recent issues and spotted the Up in Arms Blouse (Feb/Mar 2016). I thought it was super cute, and it promptly went on my list of projects … Continue reading
Pincushions are fun to make and easy too. Get this free pincushion project now at Sewitall.com. Find more easy to make projects like: Use small scraps of fabric to make bracelets. Great for a wedding or baby shower activity. Make … Continue reading
Great news for fabric shoppers! Shop from May 9 through May 16 at any of these online sites Shop Fons And Porter, Keepsake Quilting, Quilt and Sew Shop, and Quilting Daily Shop and 10% of total sales will be donated … Continue reading
As far as my quilting experience goes I have cut out a stack of 4″x4″ squares in the hope of making a quilt but they’re still sitting on a shelf after 7 years. So, my quilting expertise and knowledge is … Continue reading
Burlap, also known as Hessian cloth has always been a utilitarian type of fabric. In the past, burlap was more known for its uses in sandbagging, wrapping exposed tree roots for transportation and for shipping coffee and tobacco. More recently, … Continue reading