Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- T-shirt Pattern Review: Lane Raglan by Hey June Handmade
- New Issue Of Sew News! Summer Sewing At It’s Best!
- T-Shirt Pattern Review: Gina Renee Designs Flared Tee Shirt
- How To Sew Knits: Top Tips
- Sewing with Knits: Understanding Negative Ease
- Mother’s Day Gift of a Lifetime!
- And the Winner of the Coloring with Thread Giveaway Is…
- T-Shirt Sewing Pattern Review: Inari Tee by Named Clothing
- Giveaway: Coloring with Thread by Tula Pink
- It’s T-Shirt Month!
Read From Our Archives
Tag Archives: DIY
Fun fact: When you’re a professional costumer, making things for yourself is not something you do. When you sew all day, you don’t necessarily want to go home and do it in your off time. And when I did, it … Continue reading
Have you seen our new February/March 2017 issue yet? We’re really excited about our new Masterclass column. In it, Linda Reynolds goes over in detail how to tackle some of the more intimidating sewing tasks that a sewist might run … Continue reading
Leggings have been a trend for a while, but it’s one I hadn’t really gotten into. But when I saw the article in the Feb/Mar 2016 issue of Sew News about making your own leggings, I decided to give it … Continue reading
Shortly after I started working for Sew News in March, I was looking through recent issues and spotted the Up in Arms Blouse (Feb/Mar 2016). I thought it was super cute, and it promptly went on my list of projects … Continue reading
Pincushions are fun to make and easy too. Get this free pincushion project now at Sewitall.com. Find more easy to make projects like: Use small scraps of fabric to make bracelets. Great for a wedding or baby shower activity. Make … Continue reading
Great news for fabric shoppers! Shop from May 9 through May 16 at any of these online sites Shop Fons And Porter, Keepsake Quilting, Quilt and Sew Shop, and Quilting Daily Shop and 10% of total sales will be donated … Continue reading
As far as my quilting experience goes I have cut out a stack of 4″x4″ squares in the hope of making a quilt but they’re still sitting on a shelf after 7 years. So, my quilting expertise and knowledge is … Continue reading