Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Name Your #1 Favorite Sewing Tool
- Weekender Sew Along: Week 3 Pockets!
- What We Love To Sew – From The Editors of Sew News!
- What Do You Need To Be Creative? Time, Space (A Free Design)? Read On!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery – Episode 9 Preview
- Weekender Sew Along Week 2: Piping and Cording Tutorial
- National Sewing Month: What Sewing Means to Kate
- New Webinar with Connie Crawford! Learn To Grade Sewing Patterns
- Inspiration Inside! Sew What You Love
- Canvas & Vinyl Tote Bag – a fall must-sew!
Read From Our Archives
Tag Archives: DIY
Shortly after I started working for Sew News in March, I was looking through recent issues and spotted the Up in Arms Blouse (Feb/Mar 2016). I thought it was super cute, and it promptly went on my list of projects … Continue reading
Pincushions are fun to make and easy too. Get this free pincushion project now at Sewitall.com. Find more easy to make projects like: Use small scraps of fabric to make bracelets. Great for a wedding or baby shower activity. Make … Continue reading
Great news for fabric shoppers! Shop from May 9 through May 16 at any of these online sites Shop Fons And Porter, Keepsake Quilting, Quilt and Sew Shop, and Quilting Daily Shop and 10% of total sales will be donated … Continue reading
As far as my quilting experience goes I have cut out a stack of 4″x4″ squares in the hope of making a quilt but they’re still sitting on a shelf after 7 years. So, my quilting expertise and knowledge is … Continue reading
Burlap, also known as Hessian cloth has always been a utilitarian type of fabric. In the past, burlap was more known for its uses in sandbagging, wrapping exposed tree roots for transportation and for shipping coffee and tobacco. More recently, … Continue reading
We had a great time with the Amy Butler Beautiful Belle Handbag Sew-Along in February. You can read all about it here on the blog and on our Flickr Sew Along page. To join the Clara Dress Sew-Along check the … Continue reading