Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Don’t Miss Out On These Exclusive Classes & Events!
- Here’s A Thank You Gift From Sew News & CME Magazines!
- Laurel Dress Sew Along, Week 2
- Ultimate Sewing Wish List + A Giveaway!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery: Preview 11: Freestanding Lace
- Veterans Day & Quilts of Valor
- BurdaStyle Cape Top
- Ginger Jean Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Touches!
- Laurel Dress Sew Along, Week 1
- Learn To Sew High Style Bags With Linda Lee
Read From Our Archives
Tag Archives: DIY
Leggings have been a trend for a while, but it’s one I hadn’t really gotten into. But when I saw the article in the Feb/Mar 2016 issue of Sew News about making your own leggings, I decided to give it … Continue reading
Shortly after I started working for Sew News in March, I was looking through recent issues and spotted the Up in Arms Blouse (Feb/Mar 2016). I thought it was super cute, and it promptly went on my list of projects … Continue reading
Pincushions are fun to make and easy too. Get this free pincushion project now at Sewitall.com. Find more easy to make projects like: Use small scraps of fabric to make bracelets. Great for a wedding or baby shower activity. Make … Continue reading
Great news for fabric shoppers! Shop from May 9 through May 16 at any of these online sites Shop Fons And Porter, Keepsake Quilting, Quilt and Sew Shop, and Quilting Daily Shop and 10% of total sales will be donated … Continue reading
As far as my quilting experience goes I have cut out a stack of 4″x4″ squares in the hope of making a quilt but they’re still sitting on a shelf after 7 years. So, my quilting expertise and knowledge is … Continue reading
Burlap, also known as Hessian cloth has always been a utilitarian type of fabric. In the past, burlap was more known for its uses in sandbagging, wrapping exposed tree roots for transportation and for shipping coffee and tobacco. More recently, … Continue reading