Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Would You Sew With An 80 Year Old Sewing Pattern?
- Quilting Just For Beginners
- Pro tips for sewing high-end bags, purses and totes
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 4 Finishing Details
- Tackle The Trickiest Fabrics – 2 Ways To Stabilize Silk
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Free Project!
- Magic Bias Dress Sew Along: Week 3 Color Blocking
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery Episode 1 Preview
- Sewing In America – Tell Us Your Opinions & Experiences!
- Islander Sewing Systems Certification Course
Read From Our Archives
Tag Archives: free patterns
I don’t like to cook, but I love people who do! I especially enjoy all their hard work in the kitchen. At Thanksgiving time I do love to set a thoughtful table. I like to use my best dishes, napkins … Continue reading
The holiday season is upon us (has been since the week before Halloween, doesn’t it seem?) and that festive, creative feeling is in the air! Before you dive into gift and Christmas decor sewing, stitch up something quick and cute … Continue reading
Mother’s Day is coming up this Sunday, May 12! What better way to show Mom you care than by making her a gift by hand? Flowers are always a welcome sight on Mother’s Day, but I think being able to … Continue reading
Any plans for the weekend? I’m going to be finishing up my dress from Nancy Zieman’s Sew Knits with Confidence pattern collection. Be sure to come back on April 23rd to see how it all turned out. Make a comment … Continue reading
Happy Wednesday! Today is Day 6 of 13 Days of Giveaways to celebrate season 5 of Sew it All TV kicking off on PBS on March 2nd! Yesterday, we gave you the chance to win the book Fun with Sulky Blendables … Continue reading
Candy corn has long been associated with fall and Halloween since it was first invented in the 1880′s. Even though it is available year round, sales for the candy increase around this time. One of the top retailers for candy … Continue reading
Yesterday’s posts of Halloween decoration ideas have put me in a Halloween mood! So, I’m starting a countdown to Halloween! The actual holiday may still seem like a long way off, but it’s never too early to start planning your … Continue reading