Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- T-shirt Pattern Review: Lane Raglan by Hey June Handmade
- New Issue Of Sew News! Summer Sewing At It’s Best!
- T-Shirt Pattern Review: Gina Renee Designs Flared Tee Shirt
- How To Sew Knits: Top Tips
- Sewing with Knits: Understanding Negative Ease
- Mother’s Day Gift of a Lifetime!
- And the Winner of the Coloring with Thread Giveaway Is…
- T-Shirt Sewing Pattern Review: Inari Tee by Named Clothing
- Giveaway: Coloring with Thread by Tula Pink
- It’s T-Shirt Month!
Read From Our Archives
Tag Archives: serger
It is well known around here that I had a beautiful serger but I stupidly forgot to oil it. Living in a dry climate and the fact that I used the heck out of it, well, I’m sure you can … Continue reading
Do you have a serger that’s gather dust? Would you like to buy a serger but want to know all that it can do? Or maybe you just want to learn more about sergers in general. Great news we have … Continue reading
Happy National Serger Month! It may be the last day of April, but it’s still a sergerific day! Sergers solve so many sewing problems; they finish seams nicely, can make a rolled hem in a flash and add a professional … Continue reading
Have you ever thought about using a serger to apply a zipper? If not, you should! The traditional sewing machine and zipper foot method is always a good way to go, but using a serger can simplify the task and … Continue reading
Sergers today are not at all as complicated as you might think they are. Older, home sergers were often noted for the complexity in threading and operating. When using my serger in its early days I spent far too much … Continue reading
As we mentioned on the blog last week, April is National Serger Month! I received my first serger as a gift when I was studying fashion design in college, and I fell in love right away. Not only does a … Continue reading