Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Wardrobe Planning Tips from Rachel Pinheiro
- Cap Sleeve Plus Size Blouse Sew Along, Part 2: Side Slit, Tie Band, and Hem
- Common Threads 2018 Recap
- Summer Fabric Series: Tips for Sewing with Sheers
- Shorts Sewing Pattern Roundup: Our Top Picks
- Tony Award Fashions
- Cap Sleeve Plus Size Blouse Sew Along, Part 1: Pattern Prep, Fabric, and Front Band Assembly
- Summer Fabrics Series: How to Sew Gauze Fabric
- Favorite Woven T-shirt Sewing Patterns: Roundup Time!
- June Sew Along Preview: BurdaStyle Cap-Sleeve Wrap Blouse #124
Read From Our Archives
Tag Archives: Sew News
Project Runway, Season 16, Episode 12: There’s Snow Business like Sew Business This week really confused me. I have no idea why the challenge was so simple: The designers were to create a winter look that any fashionista would be … Continue reading
Weathering Heights by Ellen March When Lisa Vaughn garnered national attention for her handmade cloud-print dress, the Houston meteorologist was shocked and flattered. Although she doesn’t credit sewing for her successful career (she holds two masters’ degrees after all), she … Continue reading
Project Runway Recap: Season 16, Episode 11: Warrior Fashion photos courtesy of mylifetime.com. This episode of Project Runway was near and dear to my heart. The designers were brought to a boxing ring and met breast cancer survivors, who told … Continue reading
Project Runway Recap, Season 16, Episode 10: Driving Miss Unconventional photos courtesy of mylifetime.com. This week the designers had to use “safety” materials to create a look in the Lexus unconventional challenge. A collection of caution tape, bungee cords, … Continue reading
Project Runway Recap -Season 16, Episode 9: A “Little” Avant Garde photos courtesy of mylifetime.com. This episode started off as a continuation of last week. Did Claire cheat? Or was she the clear winner of last week’s challenge? I’ll just say: … Continue reading
Today marks 20 years since the passing of John Denver, who was tragically killed in a plane crash off the coast of California on Oct 12, 1997. We celebrate the life of the humanitarian, political activist, award-winning songwriter and performer … Continue reading
Happy October, friends! And Happy Pants Month! All month long we’ll be bringing you tips and tricks for making your own pair of pants, fitting and tailoring advice, styling options and pattern reviews. It’s all pants, all month long!