Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, week 2: Bust Dart Adjustments
- Patterns Printed on Custom Fabric
- Project Runway Recap, Season 16: Finale, Part 2
- Easy Sewing Project + Great Gift For Kids
- Gift Tags For Those That Sew – Free Printables!
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, Week 1: Fabric Options
- Nancy Zieman Loses Battle with Cancer
- Holiday sewing inspiration with Sew News December/January issue!
- Project Runway Recap: Episode 13 Finale, Part 1
- Top Cardigan Pattern – Sew News Staff Picks
Read From Our Archives
Tag Archives: sew
Storage is super important when you’re moving into a small dorm room. Why not make a few coordinating organizers to hide your unmentionables, store nonperishable food, keep mail and magazines tidy or hold shower essentials? These organizers nest together, and … Continue reading
It was only recently that I was introduced to the concept of a “tried and true” pattern — one that you enjoy making and like the fit and style enough to make again and again. I was always a try-something-new … Continue reading
The apex is a key location for pattern making, flat patterning, draping and adjusting a pattern for a custom fit. When you learn flat-pattern design, the apex is the starting point for rotating darts and creating any garment pattern you … Continue reading
Did you read our Gallery Tunic Sew-Along back in August? Even though I was the one who posted it, I wasn’t the one who sewed the sample garment. I have to admit, though, as I cleaned up the text and … Continue reading
Have you seen our new February/March 2017 issue yet? We’re really excited about our new Masterclass column. In it, Linda Reynolds goes over in detail how to tackle some of the more intimidating sewing tasks that a sewist might run … Continue reading
Seasonally appropriate? Not in the least! I’m a summer girl, so sometimes the only thing that gets me through fall and winter is dreaming about when the warm weather will come around again. That’s what was behind my choice to … Continue reading