Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Crimson & Clover Train Cases Sew Along, Week 1: Making & Adding Piping
- #memademay2017: Half Way Through!
- Crimson & Clover Sew Along – Postponed Until May 23!
- Learn Appliqué – And Dress Up Any Garment
- Learn Hemstitching For A Vintage Look
- Tips For Using The Rolled Hem Foot
- Sew Along Schedule For May & June 2017
- Sew Along with Sara Lawson of Sew Sweetness
- #MeMadeMay2017 Week2: Organization & A Look Back
- #MeMadeMay: Sewing for Myself
Read From Our Archives
Tag Archives: sew
The apex is a key location for pattern making, flat patterning, draping and adjusting a pattern for a custom fit. When you learn flat-pattern design, the apex is the starting point for rotating darts and creating any garment pattern you … Continue reading
Did you read our Gallery Tunic Sew-Along back in August? Even though I was the one who posted it, I wasn’t the one who sewed the sample garment. I have to admit, though, as I cleaned up the text and … Continue reading
Have you seen our new February/March 2017 issue yet? We’re really excited about our new Masterclass column. In it, Linda Reynolds goes over in detail how to tackle some of the more intimidating sewing tasks that a sewist might run … Continue reading
Seasonally appropriate? Not in the least! I’m a summer girl, so sometimes the only thing that gets me through fall and winter is dreaming about when the warm weather will come around again. That’s what was behind my choice to … Continue reading
Leggings have been a trend for a while, but it’s one I hadn’t really gotten into. But when I saw the article in the Feb/Mar 2016 issue of Sew News about making your own leggings, I decided to give it … Continue reading
For National Sewing Month, I was asked to answer this question: “What does sewing mean to you?” It took me a bit to figure out the answer, but once it popped into my mind, it was obvious: Sewing to me … Continue reading