Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- What We Love To Sew – From The Editors of Sew News!
- What Do You Need To Be Creative? Time, Space (A Free Design)? Read On!
- Absolute Beginner Machine Embroidery – Episode 9 Preview
- Weekender Sew Along Week 2: Piping and Cording Tutorial
- National Sewing Month: What Sewing Means to Kate
- New Webinar with Connie Crawford! Learn To Grade Sewing Patterns
- Inspiration Inside! Sew What You Love
- Canvas & Vinyl Tote Bag – a fall must-sew!
- Weekender Sew Along Starts Now! Prep & Supplies List
- Cosplay Is So Much Fun
Read From Our Archives
Tag Archives: sewing patterns
Shortly after I started working for Sew News in March, I was looking through recent issues and spotted the Up in Arms Blouse (Feb/Mar 2016). I thought it was super cute, and it promptly went on my list of projects … Continue reading
Our newest installment in the Sew with Me series comes from beloved author, designer and teacher Christine Haynes. Chances are you’ve seen Christine’s designs before, an unmistakable blend of vintage detail and modern silhouettes for garments that are both distinct … Continue reading
Amanda here, chiming in and celebrating my small sewing successes. Why, you ask?Because I finally sewed something! And better yet, something for myself! Carving out time to sew or create anything is probably my biggest creative challenge these days, thanks … Continue reading
The latest issue of Sew News is jam-packed with free e-patterns, along with tips and techniques to adjust, correct and make those patterns work for you. Read on to take this refresher course on pattern layout and learn to prep … Continue reading
This lovely woman is rocking the internet on blogs and Pinterest but there isn’t much detail about who she is. However, we can surmise that she wears this tunic with a certain bit of style and wonderful flair, no? I … Continue reading
Happy Friday–we hope you had a wonderful and relaxing Fourth of July! Today we have two fun and simple Learn to Sew patterns from Simplicity to give away to a lucky winner. Both patterns are ideal for beginners, and would … Continue reading
Last week I had the pleasure of traveling to the Original Sewing & Quilt Expo in Chicago and hosting a fun pillow-making project in the Make-It Center. Expo attendees could drop by the Make-It Center booth any time during the … Continue reading