Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sundress Week: Jill’s Recommendations
- Sundress Week: Pattern Picks from BurdaStyle
- Travel Trio Sew Along, week 2: Self-Lining for Reversible Garments
- Sundress Week: Isla Dress Pattern by Made by Rae
- Sundress Week: Josie Dress by Christine Haynes for Sew News
- Creating Couture Embellishment: A Review & Giveaway
- Our Favorite Sundresses Of The Season!
- Favorite Wrap Dress Patterns
- Travel Trio Sew Along, Week 1: Tips for Working with Knit Fabrics
- Summer Sewing Inspiration is Here!
Read From Our Archives
Tag Archives: sewing patterns
Kate’s Take on the Josie Sundress The first issue of Sew News that was released after I came to work here had the Josie Sundress on the cover. I thought it was so cute, and I thought it might be … Continue reading
I often spend countless hours perusing websites (Pinterest mostly), flipping through magazines (like this one), combing thrift store aisles and simply people watching to find inspiration for my next sewing projects. It’s an exhausting pursuit, albeit super fun. As we … Continue reading
Happy Tank Week! I wanted to test a knit tank as well as a woven to have options. These will be my two go-to patterns for summer! First I went with the Rumi by Christine Haynes Patterns. I love Christine … Continue reading
It was only recently that I was introduced to the concept of a “tried and true” pattern — one that you enjoy making and like the fit and style enough to make again and again. I was always a try-something-new … Continue reading
Did you read our Gallery Tunic Sew-Along back in August? Even though I was the one who posted it, I wasn’t the one who sewed the sample garment. I have to admit, though, as I cleaned up the text and … Continue reading
Seasonally appropriate? Not in the least! I’m a summer girl, so sometimes the only thing that gets me through fall and winter is dreaming about when the warm weather will come around again. That’s what was behind my choice to … Continue reading