Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Patterns Printed on Custom Fabric
- Project Runway Recap, Season 16: Finale, Part 2
- Easy Sewing Project + Great Gift For Kids
- Gift Tags For Those That Sew – Free Printables!
- Beatrix Top Sew Along, Week 1: Fabric Options
- Nancy Zieman Loses Battle with Cancer
- Holiday sewing inspiration with Sew News December/January issue!
- Project Runway Recap: Episode 13 Finale, Part 1
- Top Cardigan Pattern – Sew News Staff Picks
- Office Posh collared blazer pattern hack
Read From Our Archives
Tag Archives: sewing tips
Muslin is one of the earliest cotton cloths. It originated in Bangladesh, and there is written record of its existence all the way back to the 13th century. Original muslin was not bleached or finished and had a rough, unrefined … Continue reading
As the weather starts to get a little cooler, nothing sounds better than slipping on a warm and cozy fleece jacket or curling up under a fleece blanket. Fleece is a great fabric to work with! It’s easy to sew; … Continue reading
Taffeta dates all the way back to the 16th century. The word taffeta is derived from the Persian word taftah, which refers to a fine, plain weave. While taffeta was originally made of silk, today it can be found made … Continue reading