Subscribe to the Magazine!
The Latest Posts
- Sew News 2018 – New Year, New Columns!
- January is Hot Tea Month! Celebrate In Style
- Project Runway All Stars Recap: Season 6, Episode 3
- Need A Warm Hat This Weekend?
- High-End Hack: Pearl Hem Pant Tutorial
- Project Runway All Stars Season 6, E 2 Recap
- Wardrobe Planning with Riva la Diva: 4 Steps to Developing Your Style
- 2018 Sewing Goals – Assistant Editor, Jessica Ziebarth
- And the Winner of the Stylish Wraps Giveaway Is…
- Project Runway All Stars Season 6: Episode 1 Recap
Read From Our Archives
Tag Archives: sewing tips
Muslin is one of the earliest cotton cloths. It originated in Bangladesh, and there is written record of its existence all the way back to the 13th century. Original muslin was not bleached or finished and had a rough, unrefined … Continue reading
As the weather starts to get a little cooler, nothing sounds better than slipping on a warm and cozy fleece jacket or curling up under a fleece blanket. Fleece is a great fabric to work with! It’s easy to sew; … Continue reading
Taffeta dates all the way back to the 16th century. The word taffeta is derived from the Persian word taftah, which refers to a fine, plain weave. While taffeta was originally made of silk, today it can be found made … Continue reading